Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

NoRRA pilots not working overtime - industrial action

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:50 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest

Began this morning. So far one cancelled flight TKU-HEL 06:15 this morning. More to be expected...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Has it already happened before? What can be expected from it, regarding European routes?
I was going to book a flight BRU-HEL Norra operated, in late december...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Whenever there is a limitation with the regional fleet, it always hits the domestic flights. I guess they are easier to substitute busses for, and are not making many monies.

I would not worry much about BRU or CDG flights.
Lefly likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Does EU261 apply? Under the flash strike condition?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:08 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Does EU261 apply? Under the flash strike condition?
Might seem a reason for AY not to pay the compensation. Actually, it is not a strike. Just the pilots refusing to work overtime, which means crew shortage. And that would not be a rightful reason to deny the compensation.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:47 am
TTL
Original Poster

Domestic delays begin to materialise. 03.12.2018 AY371 HEL-KUO 1h 31 min delayed departure. DAT-lease to Air Nostrum (SE-MDC) was called from TMP to help...
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Any chance of delays on international flights? I am flying BGO-HEL-TLL and back in the near future, where HEL-TLL is trafficked by Norra.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Yes, although I presume they may rather delay domestic flights.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ugh, lovely. Last August we were hit by a last moment cancellation due to crew scheduling and they paid up as per EU261 without discussion. But then they had other flights to transfer us to... I doubt they will have space on the other KEM flights before xmas.... I'll have investigate OUL alternatives again
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Everything went fine with the TLL flights by the way. Hope you guys flying domestic don't get caught up.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Now DAT is heping out:

Some domestic and regional flights operated by DATTo minimize the impacts to our customers’ travel plans, we lease an ATR aircraft with pilots and cabin crew from Danish DAT. With the leased aircraft, we can, if needed, operate such flights that might otherwise be cancelled.The pilots and cabin crew come from DAT, and they serve customers onboard in English. Finnair service concept is followed in the flights operated by DAT.If you have a booking on any of the flights with changed carrier, we’ll do our best to inform you about the change via SMS and/or e-mail. Please note that the change may also happen with a short notice. If you wish to change or cancel your flight due to the change in the operating carrier, we ask you kindly to contact Finnair Customer Service.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I flew DAT the day before yesterday. It was just like AY, no difference. Seat leather color was grey and FA spone english. Thats it.
did receive an sms and email though just before the flight that it will be operated by DAT and some wording to contact them if I want to change flight or such. No reason.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:35 am

I have no problem with DAT. Just another ATR operator. Jettime's B737 are pretty ratty when they were flying for KF/Blue1.

I would have a problem if they cancel my ATR flight to KEM this Friday. Alternatives to OUL or RVN are also pretty full...
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Seat leather color was grey and FA spone english.
Leather? Last time DAT stepped in to help, they had textile seats which was a bit better as the leather in NoRRA's planes are usually slippery as a fish to sit on. However, the plane felt older than NoRRAs.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would have a problem if they cancel my ATR flight to KEM this Friday.
Oh no! Don't jinx it!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I have no problem with DAT. Just another ATR operator. Jettime's B737 are pretty ratty when they were flying for KF/Blue1.

I would have a problem if they cancel my ATR flight to KEM this Friday. Alternatives to OUL or RVN are also pretty full...
If worst comes to worst, also check DY/SK HEL-ARN-LLA. Prices are quite high so the flights are probably quite full, and there's a long ground segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.