FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1936954-meeting-finnair-team-28-11-17-30-a.html)

vulle Nov 28, 2018 7:29 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda (Post 30475405)
Just arrived! I didn't get the discount for beer though :td:

Taking the train, see you soon ^

FFlash Nov 28, 2018 7:33 am

A bit late, but walking towards Calrion now

napapiiri Nov 28, 2018 8:21 am

Anyone still at Clarion?

SPBanker Nov 28, 2018 8:50 am

Have fun! But not too much fun. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

To celebrate the meeting SuloL and I had drinks on the roof of IFC2 mall.

vulle Nov 28, 2018 11:23 am

We’re enjoying the new Finnair signature beer, Blueberry Saison, from Maku Brewing. Life’s good ^

aama Nov 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Come on guys give us something. Or are you enjoying too much of the Blueberry Saison :D

on22cz Nov 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by aama (Post 30476789)
Come on guys give us something. Or are you enjoying too much of the Blueberry Saison :D

Wait for tomorrow when they land and sober out.

FFlash Nov 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you Finnair!
It was an inspiring peek into the kitchen and nice servings!
”Jäi hyvä maku”

DALtoAAL Nov 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Wow! I like airplane food and for once, I have a feeling that I've had enough of it ! Fantastic event, thank you so much, Finnair! And of course it was great to meet y'all frequent flyers.

ffay005 Nov 28, 2018 2:10 pm

It was a great, long evening! Interesting to find out that so much of the food is actually deep-frozen stuff from Germany, even in J. But the fact that AY Kitchen has been chosen the best catering provider by JAL (both in Europe as well as network-wide) tells me that there's so much know-how and potential. ^

We counted 38 dishes + Jymy. Some of them were extraordinary, so I'll be looking forward to my longhauls next spring.

While there wasn't room for a big discussion of FTers' hopes and wishes, I guess many of us were able to pass on our most important points. Some of us talked to the IT guy about codesharing problems and experiences, and we also discussed desserts and mid-flight snacks. (Re: snacks, AY carries a tomato-mozzarella ciabatta on all longhaul flights, but it's not advertised. Ask CC and they'll heat one up for you. It's Alepa style, but pretty good when warm.)

Thanks AY!

lkrt Nov 28, 2018 2:27 pm

It indeed was a great evening. Although we didn’t get extensive open discussion between us all, we had great talks with both loyalty executives and the SVP customer experience. We had great food, nice opportunity to taste the new Finnair signature beer and a look behind the scenes at Finnair Kitchen.

All in all, I’m very happy that Finnair is willing to put so much effort in making us feel welcome and they really wanted to hear our feedback. Of course it was also a lot of fun to meet many new faces amongst us FTers as well. Thanks guys for the fun night!

loimu Nov 28, 2018 2:31 pm

An interesting and fun evening and countless excellent dishes. I very much appreciate all the effort and hours that had been put to this - thank you Finnair!

remymartin Nov 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Wow no after party? Cista, really??

Leo123 Nov 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you so much team Finnair and fellow Flyertalkers.
This was by far the longest tasting menu I have ever had with 38 dishes (+ dessert).

wow moment of the evening: When you hear that the person next to you have gained over 900k tier points in 10 months. Amazing! :D

intuition Nov 28, 2018 3:39 pm

When I left the office around noon today, I discovered that the airport train had been cancelled. First service to run would just barely get me to the airport in time for a flight to HEL. I had to skip the lounge visit (sacrilege, I know) and go directly to the gate.

Straving, I texted some idiots that "Finnair better be serving a lot of food tonight, or I'll be cranky" (and I'm sure they thought to themselves "isn't that his normal state of mind" but they were nice enough no to say it).

Well, as can be seen on this thread, Finnair kitchen came to the rescue and I was pretty amiable I think.

So this is me saying thanks for having us, and especially to the kitchen team who prepared and plated some 1350 (!) samples.