FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1936954-meeting-finnair-team-28-11-17-30-a.html)

Akkku Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am

There is one hackathon coming soon in Lapland called AIR Hackathon. It’s IATA’s but Finnair is the ”hosting” airline + they are providing at least some API access it seems.

cistavoda Nov 15, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Akkku (Post 30432763)
There is one hackathon coming soon in Lapland called AIR Hackathon. It’s IATA’s but Finnair is the ”hosting” airline + they are providing at least some API access it seems.

And they're asking for blockchain tech.... Yeah. Any other buzzwords?

SuloL Nov 15, 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda (Post 30432862)

Hey, just look at the great things CX has achieved through its innovative use of blockchain technology in HK! I really wouldn't mind the AY website that blocks me from buying simple return tickets as long as I got something like this!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...s-program.html

intuition Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 30432409)
What is API? A new business class meal? Or a new soft perk? Champagne brand?
;)

Probably an Advanced Points Issuer ... ;)

No, here it refers to a method for external parties to get controlled access to Finnair data. Like an OTA can actually search for available tickets in real time

intuition Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda (Post 30432862)

No, but "enhance airline’s retailing capabilities" is the magic formula for taking the business away from selling actual airline tickets...

Akkku Nov 22, 2018 1:10 am

Oh no.. Can’t make it as I’m (surprise surprise) travelling on that date. Bad news for me but good news for the next person on the waiting list!

Tapio Nov 22, 2018 7:16 am

Here are some Kitchen related topics & feedback which come in my mind.

- J-class: Late night LH-flight dinner service is sometimes very slow i.e. not very usable. Try to improve "fast-line" concept for the meal to save time for sleep.
- J-class: Starters are often very tasty and good. Try to have same positive experience with the main course (of course many times they are also pretty good).
- J-class: It would be good expand non-alcoholic drink selection. Now it is rather basic, but in J-class it would be nice to see some nice innovations in this area.
- J-class: Especially during the LH day flights it would be nice to improve the sweet/snacks offering between the meal services.
- Y-class: My experience from last summer...I ordered meals for whole family many months before the flight. For some reason catering only delivered empty trays, but no food. Not very convincing performance. Of course only one data point, but since then haven’t pre-ordered any meals, so it would be good to make things right in the first hand.

cistavoda Nov 22, 2018 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Tapio (Post 30456039)
For some reason catering only delivered empty trays, but no food. Not very convincing performance.

Maybe you ordered the low-calorie meal? ;)

intuition Nov 22, 2018 10:27 am

We've all know that the fancier the restaurant, the smaller the portion. Serving just the tray must thus be the finest dining on the planet!

Post Scriptum Nov 22, 2018 11:13 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 30456500)
We've all know that the fancier the restaurant, the smaller the portion. Serving just the tray must thus be the finest dining on the planet!

Not only that, at 10k, the air just tastes different Even more exclusive delicatesse. Michelin star restaurants are envious of the structure of such mousse le aviation.

FFlash Nov 22, 2018 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum (Post 30456615)
Not only that, at 10k, the air just tastes different Even more exclusive delicatesse. Michelin star restaurants are envious of the structure of such mousse le aviation.

Well, I read this as if I can pay 10k points to sit front where the air quality is better than 58Ö. Deal. I value the most the air quality inflight. End-of-OT.
On topic. Meeting is approaching but we have not consolidated the topics. Needed or not?

florens Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm

I won't be there. But is it possible that someone asks about seat selection on codeshares? Very annoying that such a simple thing is not possible, still, after over 2 years via the Finnair website.

remymartin Nov 22, 2018 2:36 pm

I think it boils down to four basic angles from Finnair's perspective:
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively Finnair and credit points to Finnair Plus (product/schedule/route/price adequate & programme adequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively other oneworld airlines than Finnair, but credit to Finnair Plus (product/schedule/route/price adequate vs programme adequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively Finnair but credits to other FFP, which one, and why (product/schedule/routes/price adequate vs programme inadequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively other oneworld airlines and credits to other FFP, which ones, and why (product/schedule/routes/price inadequate & programme inadequate)
I hope there are reps from the aforementioned groups.

loimu Nov 25, 2018 12:02 pm

My waitlisting just cleared, see you on Wednesday!

FFlash Nov 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Anyone for a ”predeparture meetup”? I am landing at HEL around 3:30pm so I am open for loundging or arrival salad anywhere except Keimolanportti