Wiki Posts
Search

Code-share on reroute

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Code-share on reroute

In my earlier experience, I always got non-shared codes when getting rebooked for involuntary reroute. It was nice getting rerouted in from LH onto AY Y, or from AA O to AY I

But last time, I went from AA-coded LAX-LHR-HEL (on BA-AY), to LAX-JFK-HEL (obviously on AA-AY) also AA-coded AY Y would have earned 15,000 points instead of ~6600

Is this how AA does it??
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Courmisch
In my earlier experience, I always got non-shared codes when getting rebooked for involuntary reroute. It was nice getting rerouted in from LH onto AY Y, or from AA O to AY I

But last time, I went from AA-coded LAX-LHR-HEL (on BA-AY), to LAX-JFK-HEL (obviously on AA-AY) also AA-coded AY Y would have earned 15,000 points instead of ~6600

Is this how AA does it??
Call Finnair. You might get points according to your original ticket as this was an invol change.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Many years ago, I was ticketed to fly AY HEL-JFK. Due to cxl, AY rerouted me AY HEL-LHR and AA-operated but AY flight number LHR-JFK. So it does happen.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Trav1970

Call Finnair. You might get points according to your original ticket as this was an invol change.
As far as I am aware, ORC is not possible here, as the ticket was issued and the flights marketed by AA. (And FWIW, it was BA that screwed up.) In this case, the difference from ORC to reroute is only minus twentyish points anyway.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Courmisch
As far as I am aware, ORC is not possible here, as the ticket was issued and the flights marketed by AA. (And FWIW, it was BA that screwed up.) In this case, the difference from ORC to reroute is only minus twentyish points anyway.
I read the post a bit carelessly, sorry for that.

I agree, most airlines will prefer re-routing to their own inventory in case of missed connections, as it is probably better for themselves financially. This may result in better or worse earnings compared to the original ticket. I remember a case from my own history where a transatlantic flight, operated by AA but ticketed as AY caused problems at check-in, as AA was for some reason unable to check me in at all. They had to reissue the ticket under AA code, which caused a substantial loss of points. This was fixed by AY+ later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.