Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leased A320 from Lithuanian Getjet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:57 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Leased A320 from Lithuanian Getjet

A new "damp" lease:

The leased GetJet aircraft will operate some of Finnair’s flights from Helsinki to Budapest, Berlin, Vienna, Prague, Krakow and Pafos between 8.6.2018 and 7.1.2019. The pilots will be from GetJet while the cabin crew and service concept will be from Finnair.

Customers are able to see the operating carrier when they are making their bookings on Finnair.com. Customers who already have a reservation on one of the flights that will be operated with the leased aircraft will be informed of the change in operating carrier through s text message or email. Customers can change their travel date due to this change in operating carrier if they so wish.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Not at all as bad as I somwhow had imagined. Flew TXL-HEL today and would not avoid GetJet in the future.

The plane is an A320 with 29 rows (LY-FOX). Row 1 is right behind door 1, but there's a bulkhead. Didin't check the legroom here. Rows 12 and 14 are exit rows with decent legroom (and tray tables both in the seatback in front and in the armrests). Row 13 is missing, so the last row is numbered 30. Row 12 doesn't recline, there are no recline buttons. Row 14 reclines. Regular overhead bins at exit row (and heavily policed by FA on today's flight ^).

Seat itself is similar to AY's slimline seats. Legroom at regular seats appeared cramped. Lavatories looked worn out and shabby, the cabin itself was okay. Service was regular AY service with AY CC. Pilots are from GetJet.

Some peculiarities for regular AY travellers:
- all announcements begin with an annoying beep
- safety demonstration follows GetJet policy so the announcements are different from AY (and it's manual)
- GetJet forbids the use of headphones during take-off and landing; lots of extra work for the FAs
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I'd say the regular seats are really cramped, this is me on row 3 (J)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:49 am
R2

I flew this (LY-FOX) HEL-TXL seated in row 1 today. Legroom was good and the the experience was just like being on an AY plane. Captain made announcements pre-departure and before landing. Great AY cabin crew, JP kept flowing (and as the first bottle was a bit warm they made sure to put in in dry ice so it got cold very fast).
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Noticed on MMB the change to this operator. Don't think I fancy them much ex BUD to HEL. As I am routing onward to BKK how can I change to ensure AY flight? Why are AY using this operator?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nivsy
Noticed on MMB the change to this operator. Don't think I fancy them much ex BUD to HEL. As I am routing onward to BKK how can I change to ensure AY flight? Why are AY using this operator?
The flight is with AY crew and AY service concept. I really wouldn't bother changing, especially as you will need to switch dates or reroute.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Due to lack of aircraft, Finnair will use an Airbus A320 aircraft leased from a Lithuanian company GetJet between 8 June 2018 and 26 October 2019.
Due to the change in flight operator:
  • you can change your flight to a Finnair/Norra operated flight +/- 2 days of your original travel date according to seat availability.
  • you can be rerouted on other oneworld carriers according to seat availability.
  • you are entitled to a ticket refund if you choose not to travel.
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flightinfo
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
The flight is with AY crew and AY service concept. I really wouldn't bother changing, especially as you will need to switch dates or reroute.
Yes I note that there is no earlier AY departure earlier in the day. While the AY service concept is fine I am not overly convinced with the carrier..less than two years old and aircraft over 20 years old...I guess as long as it stays 320 might as well bear it...although I had thought the lease was only until end of Jan 19 not much later in the year as is obviously the case .still had no message from AY advising of the change. OH-LGG thank you..😁 also.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by nivsy
..I guess as long as it stays 320 might as well bear it...
I've been on yhe GetJet (LY-FOX) A320 once, and refuse to fly it ever again. I get angry whenever I see this plane at HEL
Finnair has 144 seats in their A320, whereas GetJet has a dense 180 seat config!
There is very little space between rows.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
According to AY's own homepage, they have 165/174 seats on the A320.
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
I managed to get the GetJet A320 on two flights during the past week. Naturally, pitch is slightly reduced across the board as there are more seats. However, both 1st row of J and row 14 (exit) were good enough.

Service concept pure Finnair, and on both flights excellent.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Thanks. Popped myself into 1F is this better than 1A? As long as the aircraft flies ok and on time to make the long haul connection.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
According to AY's own homepage, they have 165/174 seats on the A320.
My mistake.
The correct figure seems to be 174 (165 if not counting the blocked middle seats in C, I guess).

Still, the difference in space is remarkable, having experienced it first hand.
GetJet basically squeezed in an extra two rows of seats - giving everyone that little bit less space.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Flew with Norra and after that Getjet. I'm 2m tall so i immediately noticed there was something odd about the space. I'm glad there was no one in front of me who wanted to reclyne their chair..
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:53 am

If BA manage between seating capacity 168 to 171 or so on A320 then that does seem tight on GetJet. Rather unfortunate. Hopefully row 1 offers some comfort!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.