Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best OW lounge in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was far happier with the JL lounge than the awful "Miracle" lounge offered

I dont' understand why finnair bothers trying to send people to their "own" lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I suppose it is to make things easy and applicable to all departures. When I had midnight BKK-HEL earlier this year, both CX and JL lounges were already (still?) closed. For QR, I had about half an hour and I was really early at the airport. Hence I think it is much better for AY to just have one lounge which is open at any time they need. Imagine the mess up in their system if Mondays were good for JL, Tuesday and Saturdays for CX and the rest for none of those.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Not to mention, that the Miracle lounge must also be cheaper than the alternative OW lounges.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
I tried the QR lounge once with a CX J ticket and OWS status. It was a pretty nice lounge and food were great, I feel its more like a F lounge rather than J as they actually serve you.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Tested WY and CX lounges yesterday. WY is available with DC (while it lasts).
WY is nice, booze available, good food. Very tranquil.CX has better food but it’s the institutional CX look and feel- for better or worse.Both are recommended, but WY is such a rare beast that I’d advise to try it
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Anyone can confirm the current opening hours for JL lounge? Taking the 2325h flight next week from BKK. Saw some sites stating the evening hours to be 1800h to 0040h whereas on JL site it says till last departure which currently seems to be JL34 to HND at 2155h.

And is QR premium lounge still operating only during the very limited windows upthread? Notice they have 4 evening departures from BKK so not sure if anything has changed.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Not sure about the JL lounge. I've spent time there before the late night departure, but I think the last time I was there, the BKK-HEL flight was still a bit earlier?

QR lounge indeed has very limited hours. Last time it was closed just when I got there and then opened again when AY flight started boarding...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
On my last visit to BKK in Dec, the QR lounge closed around 21, so went to the JL lounge then to wait for AY144. It was open at least until 22 when I left to do some last-minute shopping.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Thanks. I think I will just stay in JL lounge till closing time in that case
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
Slightly related: as an OWE, do I have normal lounge access departing BKK to SIN with AY-ticket and flight operated by JQ.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OHPlatsku
Slightly related: as an OWE, do I have normal lounge access departing BKK to SIN with AY-ticket and flight operated by JQ.
I don't think you do get any access based on status. Generally you need to be on a oneworld marketed and operated flight, and JQ is not in oneworld.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:16 am

Posting my experience. Reached the Qatar lounge at ard 8.30pm and they were opened. They have a wooden door at the entrance where you can’t see inside the lounge but I think they are open as long as there’s no sign saying they are closed outside. Asked about closing time and was told they are open till 0140h. Not sure whether they are now operating longer hours permanently though but no harm checking since it’s less than a min away from JL lounge.

Popped into JL lounge and checked the closing time. They were also open pretty late till 0025h.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Today was my first time in the Qatar premium lounge. No issues entering with AY J BP.

Food offerings nothing spectacular but beats the JL lounge if you’re not a fan of Japanese food. Drink offerings much better, they now serve Bollinger, too.

But the best part is the service, they know you need a top-up just before you’re finished with your drink.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mechu
Posting my experience. Reached the Qatar lounge at ard 8.30pm and they were opened. They have a wooden door at the entrance where you can’t see inside the lounge but I think they are open as long as there’s no sign saying they are closed outside. Asked about closing time and was told they are open till 0140h. Not sure whether they are now operating longer hours permanently though but no harm checking since it’s less than a min away from JL lounge.

Popped into JL lounge and checked the closing time. They were also open pretty late till 0025h.
Qatar lounge is open only a couple of hours before their own flights.
These are the hours:
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The hours coincide nicely with AY departures. I found the QR breakfast far superior to what CX offers. Next time, no need to have breakfast at the hotel before heading to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.