Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Annoyingly (and I am only half joking) I keep requalifying without MRs. I feel like I am not a proper idiot if I haven't done the DEL run. Oh well, maybe next year
Old May 8, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by juhanh
Annoyingly (and I am only half joking) I keep requalifying without MRs. I feel like I am not a proper idiot if I haven't done the DEL run. Oh well, maybe next year
I feel even more like a proper idiot as I don't like to do the DEL run, but when going there, I want to go to India! I used to travel there regularly on business and now that is not the case anymore. Already 1½ years since last time and I already miss it, as I learned to like that country quite alot! No way I'd do a same plane return to DEL without spending at least a couple of days there, yes, I know mass-tourism.
intuition and esledo like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by juhanh
Well, why not motivate your DEL run with the 200k gift you'll get if you reach 200k tierpoints.

To be honest, with these longer flying times, the DEL run felt a lot less pleasant than last year. I much prefer shorter flying times and a more leisurely few hours at DEL.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Greetings from DEL's Plaza Premium lounge! Halfway through my first ever same plane return trip 😁 Right now enjoying a salad, before heading to the gate in a few minutes to return to HEL. Wanted to try an Indian salad (Kingfisher on tap) but they run out of it. So had to settle for a German wheat one 😉
ffay005, OH-LGG, mhle and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Sounds crazy
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Greetings from DEL's Plaza Premium lounge! Halfway through my first ever same plane return trip 😁 Right now enjoying a salad, before heading to the gate in a few minutes to return to HEL. Wanted to try an Indian salad (Kingfisher on tap) but they run out of it. So had to settle for a German wheat one 😉
You did not think about ”keeping mouth shut” when ”going tap” so they said ”run out sorry”?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
DEL is served daily starting 25OCT, and the winter schedule looks like this:

AY121 2020-0650 D A330
AY122 1005-1415 D A330

The outbound flight times increase from 6:40 to 7:00 and the inbound from 7:30 to 7:40.

And now comes the bad news: AY has cracked down on us. The fare rules now say "Travel from last stopover must commence no earlier than 1201 am on the first Sun after arrival at turnaround." Never seen such a rule before, usually it's only "first Sunday".
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
And now comes the bad news: AY has cracked down on us. The fare rules now say "Travel from last stopover must commence no earlier than 1201 am on the first Sun after arrival at turnaround."
But if it's daily, you can fly on Friday and return on Sunday. Though I guess that requires a visa (and a night rate).
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Ali Delhi trips require visa.
esledo likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo

And now comes the bad news: AY has cracked down on us. The fare rules now say "Travel from last stopover must commence no earlier than 1201 am on the first Sun after arrival at turnaround." Never seen such a rule before, usually it's only "first Sunday".
Oh nooo! We have to start nesting tickets then...
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... Never seen such a rule before,
Yeah, that is the oddest rule wording I've seen. Apparently they are worried of having too many customers and must remove some of the demand...

So what is next? Separation of arrivals and departures in OUL I guess!
lkrt likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition

So what is next? Separation of arrivals and departures in OUL I guess!
Easy enough to make it back through security in time at OUL but would be annoying. I have had to do this when arriving in ATR at OUL. They put up a barrier and shuffle passengers straight to the baggage hall. I wasn’t doing a mileage run but had no choice other than book myself on back to back trips and the change fee to remove the OUL leg from the trip already booked was more than I wanted to pay.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by napapiiri
Easy enough to make it back through security in time at OUL but would be annoying. I have had to do this when arriving in ATR at OUL. They put up a barrier and shuffle passengers straight to the baggage hall. I wasn’t doing a mileage run but had no choice other than book myself on back to back trips and the change fee to remove the OUL leg from the trip already booked was more than I wanted to pay.
Last year, I remember the barrier was there only for the last OUL arrival. It was easy to walk around the barrier and head upwards to the departure area. Has it changed or were you just too polite?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Courmisch
But if it's daily, you can fly on Friday and return on Sunday. Though I guess that requires a visa (and a night rate).
visa was around around 70 eur, dont remember correct amount, but it was multiple and for one year.
plenty of decent marriotts in aerocity, and enough activity for one day for sure
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by on22cz
Has it changed or were you just too polite?
I was too polite and surprised about it. I could have asked the guy standing there in the safety vest but quickly decided that I had plenty of time to re-clear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.