Search

Award Flight Search w/ AY Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Award Flight Search w/ AY Tool

Hi,
I was hoping to use the AY search tool via a Finnair Plus account but get the message "You don't have enough points on your account to pay for these services." Any work arounds to get search to work?, My balance is zero.

I've been trying to find space in AY nonstops from the US and the normal search tools all have issues. There seems no good way to filter BA flights from the BA and QF tools and AA has the ongoing phantom availability of AY.

If I am missing a trick for find AY available between the US and HEL please let me know.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Searching on AY.com won't help, sadly. I ran into the same problem when using up my last AA miles. AA shows phantom availability on AY flights and refuses to ticket. AY shows real availability, but once you find the dates you want and go to AA.com, it's not there for AA to see. So at least for AY Platinums, availability via AY.com is a lot better than via AA.com.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks....good to know.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Previously, you could do the search without having points enough, you just couldn't proceed to booking (ie you could not see flight details). But it seems they have moved the block to the front, not allowing even the search.

Lately, we have seen a lot of tightening web-things up at ay.com - they seem to have had quite a lot of attacks and robot scrapings.

And as you've noticed neither QF nor BA can filter. I would suggest going to award nexus where you can filter the result.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:01 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by superspudbucket
I've been trying to find space in AY nonstops from the US and the normal search tools all have issues. There seems no good way to filter BA flights from the BA and QF tools and AA has the ongoing phantom availability of AY.

If I am missing a trick for find AY available between the US and HEL please let me know.
Being a KVS Tool Member, you can set the Filter to AY + Non-Stop only when searching for Award Availability:

[KVS Tool 8.7.7/Diamond - Awards/BA-OneWorld]
Code:
NYC  New York Metro NY US = JFK LGA EWR
HEL  Helsinki Vantaa FI [EFHK]
MON  01 Oct 2018 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive         St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------------
AY         6       JFK   17:40     HEL   08:50 +1       0   CS5  WS/  YS9
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of KVS and Award Nexus, I'll take a look
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

Has anyone run to the reverse problem of "phantom availability?" Expertflyer is showing seats available on a particular flight that I'm looking at. BA shows only one seat available on that flight, AA.com shows zero.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Some of X and U (award) availability is reserved only for AY+ Platinums and Lumos, don’t know if this is related to that?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
More likely it is due to different point of sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.