Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY to India - Name on ticket / FF / Visa etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver

Not such a complex query as the title may suggest, but what are the authorities like in India when it comes to names on Passports vs tickets?

Basically, I have one given name and three other names:

Surname Name: AAAA
Given Name(s): BBBB CCCC DDDD

My AY+ account is setup with: CCCC AAAA (as this is the combination I use everywhere) so my potential AY ticket will have the name stated as always CCCC AAAA

This has neve rbeen an issue when traveling anywhere in the world but thinking that India may be a tad different I want to hear with you before I move on and book the ticket. I have submitted the eVisa form this morning (and paid the USD 51.25 incl CC charges) and will get an answer in 72 hours and will not fork out with CHF 5'000 for J seats before I know all is good to go.

Any pointers?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have the same name structure as you, including being known as CCCC.

I had my indian e-visa made out to AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD. My ticket (and AY+ account) was in the name of AAAA BBBB CCCC and I lived to tell *)

Onw thing that differs is that I have set up AY+ and all other accounts with given name as "BBBB CCCC" and usually buys tickets as either "AAAA" or "AAAA BBBB" or "AAAA BBBB CCCC".

I've chosen that set up after finding that as long as the first given name is present on ticket / visa it is OK.

*) I never entered india per se, though.
Cupart likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
India like may other countries only cares about the apis data which has to match your passport. The name in the reservation is of no meaning to the authorities. If it somewhat matches data in your passport, you will be fine. My wife uses her middle name as the first name in her PNR, and I never mention my middle name. Works equally fine for the US and India.
Cupart likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:25 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Thanks for your replies...

Change of plans: I got my visa but my partner couldn't even apply as her Finnish passport expires within the 6 month of us being there and it will take too long to gert a new Passport before us going.

Either-way, good to know and thanks for you replies.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Cupart - nothing to add about the visa but as there's an on-going sale that ends tomorrow, I'm seeing J fares at a lot less than 5000 CHF (whether that was for one or two). You should look into fares soon.
Cupart likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.