Wiki Posts
Search

HEL-ORD not operated by AY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
HEL-ORD not operated by AY

I've booked HEL-ORD (AY009) as part of a longer itinerary at the end of this month. When trying to reserve a seat (OWE booked in J), it tells me that 'Unfortunately we cannot sell a seat for this flight, as it is not operated by Finnair. You will be assigned a seat at check-in.'

I'm a bit puzzled by this as the flight pretty clearly seems to be AY operated. If I go through the booking process just for that flight, it clearly says so as well, so doesn't seem to be a one-off issue. Has anyone run into this bug before and do I have any options other than calling?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I believe it's to do with "part of a longer itinerary" and a bug rather than anything else. You may want to call.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It's an ongoing bug at the website (one of many). OW Elites cannot book seats online. Apparently not even for J. Use the chat function on the website and they'll assign you a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.