Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Relying as much as they do on longhaul transit, this would be suicidal. Who on earth would pay for C, just to be in Y and a "35€" meal for 2-4 hours on the feeder?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Is it normal that you cannot select any seats if you have one waitlisted upgrade request in the booking? I get now that no seat selection is available for the flights on an AY ticket with AY flights.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, same here. CS confirmed that that is the case.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:09 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Relying as much as they do on longhaul transit, this would be suicidal. Who on earth would pay for C, just to be in Y and a "35€" meal for 2-4 hours on the feeder?
Totally agree, AY rely heavily on Asia-Euro J travel and this wouldn't go down with the demanding clientele.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Probably we need a separate thread to follow the development of this combomeal topic
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This is definitely a big downside in the AY concept. The Asian flight is shorter (which enables the 24-hour routings) but this inevitably leads to the uncomfortable Euro feeders being longer. I suppose the AY way to handle this is to price their package accordingly – you get your ticket a little cheaper than with the competitors, and agree to tolerate a longish feeder flight.

Now, if they were to abolish Euro J, I don't think the difference is really that big anyway. It's still the same plane, the same seats (empty middle seat?), the same meal and you can always set the fare rules so that if the longhaul segment is in J, you get priority services and lounge access at all airports.

But why wouldn't AY look at it the other way around: keep Euro J as it is, with a slightly better meal, and start selling reasonably priced tickets for the J cabin. Instead of trying to get €70 for a return meal package, why not try to get €150 for the "J experience": if it costs €200 to fly HEL-LHR in Light and €230 in Value, then sell HEL-LHR in J for €380.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dont't star tup with euro-J, especially for LHR. AY oneway HEL-LHR 800€+ in Y, while on the same day it's 140€ in ET and 220€ (!!!) in CE with BA.

(true story, had an open jaw EDI-HEL-LON which at first I booked in F/X but having seen the cash price with BA, cancelled the oneway reward with AY. Kept the EDI-HEL though, direct flight and expensive cash tickets. Only F reward was available, but so what)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
There is a new functionality on AY on-board devices. On the payment screen FA can see your AY point balance in points and converted into € with the value of 0.003€/p

Probably we'll see soon a possibility to spend points on Skybistro items or on-board shopping.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Manage my booking seems to have died today.
Accessing it from my member page or with a deeplink it returns with an empty page.
Typing everything in manually at the MMB page seems to work
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Furry
There is a new functionality on AY on-board devices. On the payment screen FA can see your AY point balance in points and converted into € with the value of 0.003€/p

Probably we'll see soon a possibility to spend points on Skybistro items or on-board shopping.
1000p = 3€? Can I have my short haul upgrade for 30€ and the longhaul one for 150€, pretty please?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
1000p = 3€? Can I have my short haul upgrade for 30€ and the longhaul one for 150€, pretty please?
"No Sir, you can't but since you are our long-time loyal customer we are happy to sell you HEL-ARN upgrade for a humble 99€"
The rate is really bad unless swimming in points, but I think the real target group is casual Jorma with a few thousand points expiring soon.

I am really curious to see the Black Friday offers.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Jorma... now reminds me to put him on the tutorial too
Hartsa likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
/
The other way around, argh!

My ~450k points were ~1350€, that's a lot of riistaleipä for one person (or is it only included in korkealaatuinen ateriakokonaisuus in J?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash
Jorma... now reminds me to put him on the tutorial too
Together with riistaleipä and korkealaatuinen ateriakokonaisuus. Wee need to teach people some Finnish!
NoWindowSeat and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Don't really know should this be on the upgrade thread or here, but here goes.

I have upcoming itinerary (VALUE) HEL-MUC-HEL where I previously upgraded the HEL-MUC leg. I had to change the return flight (without the upgrade) and found out two interesting things: The change flights tool did see availability only in Biz fare classes and the fare difference would have been 500 euros or so. After I fiddled with different dates I was able to see space in Econ fare classes on the day I wanted to travel back and was able to process the change with reasonable cost (change fee + difference on fares). When I got the new electronic tickets I discovered that I just had lost the outbound leg upgrade! To make things worst there wasn't F space anymore on that flight so Plat line wasn't able to correct the situation in situ - it had to be recycled to rev management. So beware if you have to change flights on itin where you have upgraded segments. The bug was well known by CA agent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.