Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You just need to start preferring WhatsApp then It's actually really easy, at least compared to the chat, as you can write everything at once, at your leisure, even in the middle of the night. They'll reply when they get back to work. And you can send pictures too. The WA agents I've dealt with have been great, up to the point where I remember two of them by name.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
However, it does sound really silly that you stop selling something that you have (had) the resources for. Why would it be a problem to keep the old booking engine running?
It think that this has more to do with IT disasterproject management than anything. The new website was brought online too early with tons of missing feature, probably because somebody's contract or KPI depended on it. Now the old website is removed from the same reasons, even though multi-city still is missing from the new one.

I am in no way condoning Finnair IT here. But as an IT worker, I can all too easily imagine why that sort of things did happen. Twice.

Originally Posted by ffay005
Are multicity tickets available via OTAs? (Not that I recommed using an OTA, but...)
I have not tried recently, but they used to be.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Something‘s up again / still with seat selection. Both app and website showed all seats as taken on 2 upcoming flights even though EF displays many free seats.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Yep, something seem to wrong also in seat selection bookings. At least for me. I can select seats, but confirmation wont go through and in the end it shows that i have not selected any seats.

Also yesterday they send e-mail of point purchase for -40% reduced price, but when logging on to page to do that it says site under construction. Guess that they are not looking for anyone to be intrested of that offer.

Who is responsible it director/manager nowadays, time for a pay rise. Nothing works 😂

Last edited by Kelju; Nov 20, 2021 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Kelju
Yep, something seem to wrong also in seat selection bookings. At least for me. I can select seats, but confirmation wont go through and in the end it shows that i have not selected any seats.

Kelju likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So what about the app? It’s been a while since I have seen upgrades offered, or selecting a seat…
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Finnair taking the save weight on baggage / greenwashing nonsense to the next level

ffay005, FFlash, Steve_Hun and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Quite challenging to plan/make multicity bookings, especially because no timetables are available on AY pages any more. So one needs to check them one by one on the booking engine, or EF.

Anyhow made a HELDFW / LAXHEL booking over phone, waiting time for gold-line was 15min and booking was then made with some struggle (agent had a bit difficulties to find a price!). Agent double checked that double points offer valid also for phone bookings and advised quickly by e-mail that it is (before I made the payment).

For a side note, making booking on aa.com is even more stressful, made a booking for US domestic flt and you need to make that on the finnish aa page if cc issued in Finland (and the finnish pages have some problems, like wrong and/or misleading info on price rules). I did not get any e-mail confirmation and went to check "my bookings" where it said you need to call in order to get booking ticketed - which I did resulting their web help agent to cancel my booking as he did not see any payment info, then telling to make a new booking while he waited on line and after I had the rec.locator he said he now sees payment getting processed. All ok, just wait, it took 22hrs to get the e-mail confirmation with tkt number etc., never have had to wait this long or even more than an hour for any airline confirmations.
And of course my credit card is charged twice! Bummer. Hopefully will get automatic refund.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

What a tiresome and horrible experience.

I hope FinnairPlusPekka is reading this and that there will be some improvements soon. This is not how booking flights in the 21st century should be like.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Need to update the APIS info on my booking. Of course its not possible on the website at the moment, so I head to the chat service. Seems like its an automated process, looks promising! I get prompts to enter in all the info, then this:

Thank you! My colleauge will add the information to your booking in 1-2 days. Have a nice flight! You can now close this chat.

So it just saves it for a human to actually enter it, check-in for my flight opens tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully it's in there or I can add it via on-line check in. I'd like to add my TSA Pre-Check info as well, but for that I do not have my hopes set very high.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You should be able to add everything yourself during OLCI.
petteriusa likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, AY Plat
I received 0 points for voucher-upgraded HEL-BER segment. Underlying fare is Economy Light, and I expected to receive something like 1000p. But both tier and award points 0.

Is this normal or what? Feels dumb to be chasing small amount of points, and shouldn't these be automated processes anyways?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Flightson
I received 0 points for voucher-upgraded HEL-BER segment. Underlying fare is Economy Light, and I expected to receive something like 1000p. But both tier and award points 0.

Is this normal or what? Feels dumb to be chasing small amount of points, and shouldn't these be automated processes anyways?
Many flights have been posted with zero points during this autumn, is a quick fix though via customer service.
Flightson likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Flightson

Like @lkrt said, it's a glitch. Contact AY via the missing points form or chat.
Flightson likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Minor note on the AY app. Took AY08 out of MIA on Tuesday evening, which was delayed due to late departure out of HEL and then further delayed due to a high number of WCHR pax on the inbound flight. The app never showed an updated time of departure, and in fact showed the flight as departed as the plane sat at the gate in MIA.

It's annoying enough that flight status in general isn't available within the app, but to not even have the *one* flight that it can manage be updated is just ridiculous.
remymartin, esledo and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.