Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
The MMB has been updated, a new design and slightly better graphics.
Unfortunately they have published a badly tested release, again.
Window seats are described as "in the middle of the row" seat on A350 - have they ever been in an airplane, any kind?
Attached Images  

Last edited by ff_flyer; Nov 1, 2017 at 3:32 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Cant see aircraft type in that new chart.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:03 pm

And they launched a new service at least on LHR flights:

Seat and Meal
Seat and Meal package includes a seat in the front part of the Economy Class cabin, a delicious meal and boarding among the first customers. 35 EUR
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And they launched a new service at least on LHR flights:
"Currently the Seat and Meal package is available on Finnair flights to and from Barcelona, Geneva, London*, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Nice, Paris, Reykjavik and Rome"
*Excluding flights operated with Finnair A350.

Wine, beer or soft drink included (excluding champagne)

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...pre-order-meal

Well, what will happen if the seat in front is on exit row.
Is there an additional fee for the seat or is an exit row included if you buy the "Seat and meal" package or will you actually get the seat and meal for free if you only buy the exit seat? Can Plats (and Golds) still reserve a seat in front...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:18 pm

Cant see aircraft type in that new chart.
So true, it's visible only on frontpage of MMB by clicking the flt number.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Well, what will happen if the seat in front is on exit row.
Is there an additional fee for the seat or is an exit row included if you buy the "Seat and meal" package or will you actually get the seat and meal for free if you only buy the exit seat? Can Plats (and Golds) still reserve a seat in front...
I assume that the front section of the Y cabin doesn't automatically mean "Seat and meal" package, but instead it should show on the POS device if the customer has paid for the package or not, similarly as it shows (except in case of codeshare flight) the status of the pax. Thus, seat reservation for exit row, front Y cabin, etc. for Plat and Gold should remain free.

(of course the above is only a guess from my side, have no actual information on the matter other than what I've read here)
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I assume that the front section of the Y cabin doesn't automatically mean "Seat and meal" package, but instead it should show on the POS device if the customer has paid for the package or not, similarly as it shows (except in case of codeshare flight) the status of the pax. Thus, seat reservation for exit row, front Y cabin, etc. for Plat and Gold should remain free.

(of course the above is only a guess from my side, have no actual information on the matter other than what I've read here)
That's my reasoning, too. I hope we're right!

I wonder why the concept isn't available on A359 to LHR. That's where it should really make a difference, what with Y+ seats and all.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:11 am

My upcoming flight LHR-HEL I was kicked out from row 11 to 13 and now 11-12 are rows for these seat+meal combos.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
My upcoming flight LHR-HEL I was kicked out from row 11 to 13 and now 11-12 are rows for these seat+meal combos.
Oh damn...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Sounds like I'll need to use an UG voucher for my LHR-HEL
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:23 am

If I read this correct you mean that as AY+Plat you can not reserve a seat on rows 11-12 without buying a Seat+Meal combo?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
If I read this correct you mean that as AY+Plat you can not reserve a seat on rows 11-12 without buying a Seat+Meal combo?
Yes. Combos walk over Plats. And it means those rows are real priority rows.

Lets see which boarding group they get.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:37 am

BTW, Air Hostess today told me that on long haul Y you can order from today(? ) a better meal also but it's not from C class.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Expect more of these joyous changes in booking and check-in pages. Less flying, more "shopping experience".

Finnair is partnering with Amadeus to make travel bookings easier and more flexible for customers across all of its online platforms. The Finnair website and the Finnair mobile app account for one quarter of the company’s sales, forming the single most important sales channel for the airline.

“We want to make the shopping experience more intuitive and enjoyable for our customers,” says Jaron Millner , Vice President of Direct Business at Finnair. “The Amadeus Digital API gives us the flexibility we have been looking for, and allows us to develop the booking experience together with our customers to find the booking and shopping flow that works best for them.”

Amadeus’ innovative REST/JSON [1] Digital API empowers Finnair with enhanced retailing capabilities to deliver booking experiences according to customer requirements, without the need to follow the common airline booking sequence. Shopping carts and sessions will now remain open for several months, meaning that travellers can start shopping for flights at m.finnair.com, close their session anytime, and pick up where they left off to finish their booking. In the future, this capability will also enable Finnair customers to access their shopping cart from different devices; for example, one can start a booking on a smartphone, and finish it on another device a few days or several weeks later.
Bolding mine - with a web page that can't keep a session even for minutes, I can only imagine the great shopping experience in the future.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:55 am

Yes. Combos walk over Plats. And it means those rows are real priority rows.

Lets see which boarding group they get.
And to solve this humiliation and disgrace to their valued Elite Plat and Gold customers AY will offer Seat+Meal combo for free
Problem solved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.