Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Name/surname switch and matter of points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Silver

Hi,

I have my AY flight soon and I was booking through Expedia. Accidentally, my first and last name are switched (should be eg. Maria Fox and is Fox Maria), no typos or nothing like that. I can only log into my booking management by using PNR and my first name. I guess this is not a problem for getting onboard (everything matches the passport) but I was wondering if (and when) can I claim points for this flight. I randomly asked on Finnair chat and they told me in such case I can be denied booking (which I don't really believe), but thay cannot help as it is booked through agency. What about points in this case?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kettu_kasiczka
Hi,

I have my AY flight soon and I was booking through Expedia. Accidentally, my first and last name are switched (should be eg. Maria Fox and is Fox Maria), no typos or nothing like that. I can only log into my booking management by using PNR and my first name. I guess this is not a problem for getting onboard (everything matches the passport) but I was wondering if (and when) can I claim points for this flight. I randomly asked on Finnair chat and they told me in such case I can be denied booking (which I don't really believe), but thay cannot help as it is booked through agency. What about points in this case?
You'll likely have to do a manual request to get the points manually added. If AY won't do it, consider using another airline program.

I've seen thousands of trips taken by passengers whose first and last name on the ticketed booking was backwards. The biggest problems are these: an ID/passport swipe won't bring up the booking; kiosk check-in may not work without manual intervention; frequent flyer credit doesn't hit the account. All of these have manual workarounds.

Even for flights to/from the US, this kind of stuff generally isn't a trip stopper.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
I can also do the online check in so I can overcome the problem with that. I will try redeem the points after the trip
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I had this once - no issue at check-in but points didn't automatically credit. An email to CS sorted that out
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by kettu_kasiczka
Thanks.
I can also do the online check in so I can overcome the problem with that. I will try redeem the points after the trip
Hope that goes smoothly. And welcome to the FT and AY+ Forum!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Update: There was no problem with booking the flight, now I will be tying to retrieve my points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.