Wiki Posts
Search

canceled flight - what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
canceled flight - what to expect?

Hey I m on my way back home, AY informed me that our final flight is canceled and we will stuck in HEL - so what will AY likley provide? A hotel room? Or ishould I take care about this myself?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:21 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Usually rerouting (and hotel if needed for overnight wait). Too familiar situation also for me lately! Plats should get Hilton or even Glo. No Hilton points for Finnair stays.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

They offer me a rerouting or a downgraded flight 24 hours later (both options are not ideal)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if its possible that they send the luggage to the original destination in case of rerouting?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Depends wht is "final destination" - e.g ARN or SIN? If ARN (or other shorthaul) I'd take the invol downgrade and at the same time ask what compensation they povide. If SIN (or other longhaul) I'd take the reroute in C.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Does anyone know if its possible that they send the luggage to the original destination in case of rerouting?
The possibility of this is practically nil, unless your luggage is already misrouted during the cancellation/re-routing process.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Mar 12, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Why AY's both TXL are cancelled today?

EDIT: it was here already:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28028823-post86.html
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

So here is what we got, two nights at the Airport Hilton, vouchers for six meals and the earliest possible flight to TXL (seated in J) - can t complain - had a real great day in Helsinki - AY promotes tourism here - will come back in summer.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:04 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
So here is what we got, two nights at the Airport Hilton, vouchers for six meals and the earliest possible flight to TXL (seated in J) - can t complain - had a real great day in Helsinki - AY promotes tourism here - will come back in summer.
^
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:53 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Nice, well done AY ^ Very good service especially as the strike at TXL was beyond AY control

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.