Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TTL
Not any joyful response???
i e paying by apple pay now collects MC points to my AY accounts so I can throw away the white AY card?
Old May 11, 2022, 5:03 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by FFlash
i e paying by apple pay now collects MC points to my AY accounts so I can throw away the white AY card?
Indeed!!! But let it be Your first choice in the list of choices.
FFlash likes this.

Last edited by TTL; May 11, 2022 at 5:05 am Reason: update
Old May 11, 2022, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Joy then! Now a reason to start using apple pay👍👏
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
No more new Danske Finnair Plus Visa cards:

Applying new cards is suspended from 30.9.2022.
https://www.finnairshop.com/en/finna...visa-visa-gold
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

No suprise there considering they only awarded 1pt per €
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG

Same for SEB MC: https://www.finnairshop.com/en/finnair-plus-mastercard
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Expect "enhancements" to Aktia card once existing Visa/MC card holders are gone.
ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My SEB MC is valid until 2025. I wonder if they'll cut it short. Hope not. I never applied for the Aktia card and wouldn't want any changes.

Sounds like AY wants to charge more for points and the banks don't want to pay?
TTL likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I can’t imagine the Danske Visa would be a hit among customers? SEB’s numbers are likely to have dropped quite a lot in the past years and I’m not sure that they are really focusing on consumer customers. These changes therefore do not look dramatic at all.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
I can’t imagine the Danske Visa would be a hit among customers? SEB’s numbers are likely to have dropped quite a lot in the past years and I’m not sure that they are really focusing on consumer customers. These changes therefore do not look dramatic at all.
I had Danske Visa when they launched it, the 10k points were interesting. Cancelled, once they posted, 1p/€ was really pathetic and the card came with a yearly fee as well. In those days AX & DC were still options.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
My SEB MC is valid until 2025. I wonder if they'll cut it short. Hope not. I never applied for the Aktia card and wouldn't want any changes.
Visa is part of AY's new strategy.

So might read into what that could mean for non-Visa cards?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by manywhere
Visa is part of AY's new strategy.
So might read into what that could mean for non-Visa cards?
The airline rarely has an incentive to cancel a branded CC partnership, as it generates money without any effort. But if Visa requested an exclusive partnership or the MC banks are demanding more effort from Finnair, then MC is soon history.

One thing a Visa-partnership spells is that we will not see a Finnair branded card issued in Sweden. Visa is becoming rare, and I don't think one of the few banks still doing Visa (like Bank Norwegian ) would partner with Finnair.

Well, on second thought, IKEA's bank might. IKEA owns (used to own) 100 000 shares of Finnair, and the well-known marketing position of IKEA (cheap-ish, low quality do-it-yourself) fits the new Finnair just perfectly!
kauppias likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Visa is doing something funky in the region I think.
I rarely see Visa anymore, but they are all over the billboards and TV in Estonia.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:13 am

Yeah, Visa in Europe lost the race of credit cards few years back to Mastercard. And with the sale of Visa Europe Ltd, owned by European banks, to Visa Inc, I would say it was the start of a new era beginning. That was 6 years ago already, but buying a company and merging it isn't fast and easy. It now seems that Visa is indeed reallocating their money on branding and commercials. Some analyst claims Visa is trying to get in on C2C (peer to peer payments?) and C2B payments now so might be an indicator that Visa wants to get a better foothold in Europe also.
intuition likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Lately I have noticed issues with using mobilepay with the SEB card anyone else having problems? Have they stopped accepting it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.