Wiki Posts
Search

Reserving seats online with Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Reserving seats online with Finnair

Have booked a return trip to TLL with BA,I have managed to book my seats on the BA flight to TLL,but when redirected to Finnair to reserve a seat,they ALL have a big 'X' to say all taken????When can I reserve a seat???The flight is in March next year.Thank you.

Last edited by liamvad; Nov 4, 2016 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Do you mean TLL? I assume these are AY metal booked under a BA codeshare?

When you go in to BA MMB and click through to seat reservations you will see there is a "Finnair reference" which differs from your BA one. Either agree the tick and it will take you to the AY website with seat selections available, or just go to AY MMB and use the Finnair reference to access your seat reservations.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Are you flying on a business ticket, or do you have another status other than your BAEC bronze on the reservation? (These are the restriction for free seat selection. Without it you are still supposed to be able to reserve seat if you pay for it).

Also, there is an issue with seat selection eversince the last system update. You stating seeing X'es everywhere kind of indicates you might have run into this problem. You could give Finnair a call and see if they can sort it out.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you mean TLL? I assume these are AY metal booked under a BA codeshare?

When you go in to BA MMB and click through to seat reservations you will see there is a "Finnair reference" which differs from your BA one. Either agree the tick and it will take you to the AY website with seat selections available, or just go to AY MMB and use the Finnair reference to access your seat reservations.
Yes,meant TLL,sorry......senior moment.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

The Finnair website is a nightmare,directs me back to BA,who in turn direct me back to Finnair!!!!Have to call them I guess.
Phoned Finnair customer services,sorted in 3 mins.Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by liamvad; Nov 4, 2016 at 11:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.