Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operated by Jettime for Norra

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Looks like I won't be reporting back after all. They had moved me to 2F and when I went online to see what happened, the plane had been changed to an A320. So still front row, but AY plane.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
Looks like I won't be reporting back after all. They had moved me to 2F and when I went online to see what happened, the plane had been changed to an A320. So still front row, but AY plane.
Well, then I'll report something!
I recently flew a jettime 737-700 (OY-JTY on a BA flight number).

I'm no expert but pitch seemed really good. It felt much less cramped than I can remember from other shorthaul Y (IMLE - In My Limited Experience!). Even with tray table down it felt OK.
I had a backpack that I stowed under seat in front and that was doable but not enjoyable.

What was really bad though is that the seat cushion is very short.

The seat ends very early on the thigh which was not only uncomfortable but actually painful one hour into the flight. Luckily seat block was upheld by BA so I could use a bit of middle seat for some of my tentacles.

Also, seat back recline was very limited, it felt like the seat only moved 5cm, barely noticeable.
Head rest had no foldable flaps to support head when sleeping (which all newer BA short haul seats seems to have, but IIRC no AY narrowbodies has?).
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
JTG 737s are pretty much the crappiest 737 in the sky. If you look at the history of the birds you know why.

OY-JTY had a chequered history:
http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/pl...37ng-30727.htm

JTG has set up a Finnish entity (JTF), so I guess you will enjoy it for a few more months:

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/pl...37ng-29083.htm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah maybe, but like I said it was a pretty un-crappy experience compared to what I was expecting. No worse than a SK 737.

But not a good sign if there is a JTF - seems like a long term commitment.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
I recently flew a jettime 737-700 (OY-JTY on a BA flight number).

I'm no expert but pitch seemed really good. It felt much less cramped than I can remember .
Dear sir, that is because we know you are a bit shorter than average scandinavian man!

Originally Posted by intuition
it was a pretty un-crappy experience compared to what I was expecting. No worse than a SK 737.
Oh yes, since SK737 has pretty cramped legroom too, there cannot be worse
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

What?! I am a beutifully shaped man in my best age!

Well, my frame of reference for shorthaul Y is SK (as much as it annoys remymartin) and as we all know, flying SK means you will be given the full Y treatment even if your ticket would say business. So I've seen some crappy y cabins in my days and I guess what I am saying here is that there are grades in crap. Seat cushion was worst I've ever had, but the rest - no so crap.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
What they should do to them who originally booked J on these flights is to provide vouchers for free skybistro selections plus the refund of cash or points.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What they should do to them who originally booked J on these flights is to provide vouchers for free skybistro selections plus the refund of cash or points.
Refund or not, but Jettime is now history for the time being.
Last flight for AY was about a week ago.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Sep 6, 2016 at 6:24 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Flying today OSL-HEL and BP says Jet time for Finnair. They're back?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: AY LUMO
AIRCRAFT FROM JETTIME AND DOT MAY BE USED ON FINNAIR'S DOMESTIC AND EUROPEAN ROUTES
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flightinfo

JetTime's OH-JTZ started on 28DEC flying for AY.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Due to changes in maintenance schedules, Finnair will use an aircraft and crew leased from a Danish company Jet Time A/S between 25 March and 7 June 2018. The aircraft will operate some flights to/from Berlin, Budapest and Vienna.
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flightinfo
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Seems like I’m booked on them to TXL in April. In business... let’s see that works. I don’t have option to change my outbound timetable...:/
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm considering a Jettime operated flight to TXL and back. I wonder if it's the same (or similar) plane as in 2013, with row 13 having most legroom.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I just did TXL - HEL on Jet Time in J, no difference to any other flights booked on AY over the last years. 2F had enormous legroom, 1C van not be booked since it is a blocked for crew members.
ffay005 and jimaras08 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.