Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Stockmann Crazy Days 6th-10th April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels

For once, I spotted an ad on the web which was of (limited) interest. The Crazy Days almost went by unnoticed this time, but yes, they're here again, although there's nothing crazy about them.

Only a handful of destinations this time: four longhauls (BKK, ICN, FUK, CAN) and six shorthauls (CDG, LHR, PRG, AMS, FCO, MXP). Prices follow normal AY campaign prices and apparently include 1 bag.

No Sunday returns, no availability mid-June–end of July.

Some analysis: http://www.poptravel.fi/uutiset/hullut-paivat-lennot
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Way less European destinations than before.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Way less European destinations than before.
Way less of everything, way less of any interest
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Way less of everything, way less of any interest
On the plus side it makes it easier. No need to hope for a good offer during that sale. So need to wait or delay any decision. And also no need to visit there and to even queue.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
On the plus side it makes it easier. No need to hope for a good offer during that sale. So need to wait or delay any decision. And also no need to visit there and to even queue.
Yep, right you are. It was much easier booking flights from AB doing it comfortably from home, no need to go there to queue. And wasn't actually even much more expensive than the "offer" at Hullut Päivät would have been if my destination had been there on sale. Perhaps it is refreshing to fly some other airline for a change!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Not only less destinations, but less availability too. They cut Sunday return

I read on other fora as well that people are quite price conscious and understand that AMS is perhaps the only attractive price here now. The others are just the same what pops up all the time. Availability is another subject then. I will see, I think I will go there in the morning to check out some AMS weekend hop.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Not only less destinations, but less availability too. They cut Sunday return
Yep, that's right. Actually very prob even if my destination had been on the list I wouldn't have bothered because of no Sunday returns. It seems that AY has changed their pricing policy in general regarding Sunday returns as to quite a few destinations Sunday returns do not have the cheapest fare classes available at all even when they are released for sale, 11 months before flight. Perhaps they believe they can then sell those for better price anyway. As AY seldom is the cheapest alternative even with booking class R, for price concious consumers it is a turn-off and they very easily book their flights elsewhere for cheaper.

I have also been wondering why AY seems to be very reluctant on temporarily allocating bigger planes to flights with higher demand for instance due to some event somewhere, but no, they just plan to fly with E190 or A319 though only KMPT fare classes and upwards are available 6months before the flight, which cuts the way to many.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Just searching BKK ticket for Mrs LGG and the best offer is now 535€ (W) without going to Stockmann and it's from HEL without flying extra to destination to start the trip.

Mrs LGG calls those positioning flights as needless flying.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Apr 5, 2016 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Just searching BKK ticket for Mrs LGG and the best offer is now 535€ (W) without going to Stockmann and it's from HEL without flying extra to destination to start the trip.

Mrs LGG calls those positioning flights as needless flying.
I do not understand that, there is no such thing as "needless flying".
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Went to Stockmann Tampere a couple of hours ago - no customers at the finnair counters at all. Guess this was expected.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
It seems that AY has changed their pricing policy in general regarding Sunday returns as to quite a few destinations Sunday returns do not have the cheapest fare classes available at all even when they are released for sale, 11 months before flight. Perhaps they believe they can then sell those for better price anyway. .
I have noted the same. Sunday return often more expensive even if you have the Saturday night stay.
They really think they are "smart"? No they are half-smart.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I went to Stockmann in the city centre around 3:30pm today. 3 customer service agents and me! Great for me, bad for them.

No more computers to book your own tickets - you now need to go to an agent. To my great surprise, W class didn't seem to have any blackout dates and I saved a fortune on the CDG tickets this way ^^^
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:07 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by remymartin
I went to Stockmann in the city centre around 3:30pm today. 3 customer service agents and me! Great for me, bad for them.

No more computers to book your own tickets - you now need to go to an agent. To my great surprise, W class didn't seem to have any blackout dates and I saved a fortune on the CDG tickets this way ^^^
Are you saying July and Sunday return were, after all, available?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Are you saying July and Sunday return were, after all, available?
I only suggested a few midweek dates and all flights had W9 (I was watching the screen). Ime, W has much better availability than other deep discount classes.

Ay.com is selling the same flights for 448€ today. The Stockmann deal was 179.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
448€? So many football fans in Finland?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.