Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting AB+EY flights to AY?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Crediting AB+EY flights to AY?

My inlaws recently flew Air Berlin to Abu Dhabi and then Etihad on to Brisbane, Australia.

When they purchased their tickets all flights were listed as AB (the last one was obviously a codeshare), but on their boarding pass the last leg is actually listed as EY.

Does anyone know whether the last leg can be credited to Finnair Plus?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
I might be wrong on this one (especially that I could not find it anywhere with a few quick search), but I think you can only get credited for flights that are both marketed and operated by a OW carrier (unless specific bilateral agreement between the two airlines)...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
As far as I understand it has to be OW (or AY partner) metal to get points, thats why I never go with AB to BKK since they have the EY legs on the route to BKK.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
By the book, AB code on EY metal does not credit to Oneworld FFP. You can probably only credit to Etihad partner FFP.

In practice, you can always hope that computer says yes, but most probably it won't work.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Turns out one of them is a Finnair Plus member and the number was included in the reservation - I just checked and only the AB flights were credited. Can I try to credit the EY segment to another FFP, even though the first flight on this reservation was already credited to Plus?

Also turns out one of them did not list any FFP number so wondering whether to sign him up to AB's FFP as apparently it will credit all flights (EY is listed as their partner). Or maybe there's a better FFP out there that will scoop up all the miles as well?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
1) Yes you can try to credit it to another program.

2) My guess is that AB is not bad since you have then a FFP for OW & EY affiliates. You can get points credited for flights up to prior 3 months before you signed up at topbonus. Depending on the booking class it might earn as little as 25% for EY flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.