Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Lounge at Helsinki Airport any good ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Lounge at Helsinki Airport any good ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by citro

Should the receipt have a date ? for example for that particular date it will be 15th of january 2016. the receipt does not say anything for that particular date to use the lounge accesses. So what if they think the receipt is a fake copy or something? however it has lots of numbers and codes all mix in this receipt. But i thought they would include the day i be using the facilities.
Even though there's no date, if you look closely at your EMD receipt, you will see the following:

CC: AY
Origin: HEL
Dest: Where you are going
ICW: 105XXXXXXXXXX This number is your AY ticket number. This number is not the same as your EMD number 105-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. From your ticket number, the Finnair people in the lounge will know that you are flying that day to your destination. From the EMD number they will know that you have paid the fee.

For the rest, you are talking a little bit too much about things being fake and about stealing.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Even though there's no date, if you look closely at your EMD receipt, you will see the following:

CC: AY
Origin: HEL
Dest: Where you are going
ICW: 105XXXXXXXXXX This number is your AY ticket number. This number is not the same as your EMD number 105-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. From your ticket number, the Finnair people in the lounge will know that you are flying that day to your destination. From the EMD number they will know that you have paid the fee.

For the rest, you are talking a little bit too much about things being fake and about stealing.

Hi preciate your time to write that information and thanks i undersand in regards to the date on the receipt.

Anyhow since i am now ready to use the lounge at helsinki airport im glad. But not so happy for finnair for not been up front with what they doing with charging me 1.43cents.. now they have kept that money from me. As well along with the 39.00euros.

Finnair website needs to be more clarified and more specified exactly what they will charge me ebfore i was to take out my credit card. But of course when i log into finnair all i see was a few short words lounge accesses click tick hre to pay 39.00euros and that is all i got information. Plus the question mark for more information didn't work at all.

If i wasn't checking out my bank statement i would have not known what else they have done to me by charging me 1.43cents MORE on top of the 39.00euro for the lounge accesses.

Just really annoyed about this. i knew that there was going to be some sort of issues along the way when i was to pay for the lounge accesses. But yeah just not nice.. they should only charge me 39.00euros which they have but not also charge me little tiny bit more for nothing. Which is like scum for doing that.

But ill get over it and stuff.. Just that 1.43cents is money it may be little but you realize i end p paying FEES later for using credit cards from my bank in australia at the same time.

Next time finnair should be more clear and clarified and dfently more precisely what they will charge to any passanger and not just keep things quiet. Someone has to speak out. And this is a lesson and i hope people in the furture can read this and know exactly what they too might be charging with thier credit cards. Anyhow all good. Just wanted to get this out of my chest course its not nice for them to do that. hey kept my 1.43cents... that is robbery in my opinion.

Last edited by citro; Sep 4, 2015 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
<SMH>

They haven't charged you any extra $1.43. They placed a temporary authorization on your card to check that it's valid. That temporary authorization will disappear in a couple of days, and you will not be charged.
It happens all the time with many airlines and other companies. I don't see why you need to harp on this when several posters have already explained what's going on.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
I don't see why you need to harp on this when several posters have already explained what's going on.
I'm starting to feel that Citro is not actually reading all the answers the other members are providing...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I'm starting to feel that Citro is not actually reading all the answers the other members are providing...
Of course. If she did, she would not have time left to write so much text.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
<SMH>

They haven't charged you any extra $1.43. They placed a temporary authorization on your card to check that it's valid. That temporary authorization will disappear in a couple of days, and you will not be charged.
It happens all the time with many airlines and other companies. I don't see why you need to harp on this when several posters have already explained what's going on.

Never the less i appreciate your time. I believe you told me this before. And as they say out there we all learn something new regardless. And that's the most important part of life

----

I saw a video review for the lounge accesses i be going to. it doesn't appear to be an excitement environment place other then just plenty of seats and lights. And the first thing that comes to my mind is comfortable seats to relax for sure. However the video shows there is hardly no food at the open kitchen nor hardly no selections. Other then just a large coffee machine to make as many coffees you want. So in this case could i bring my own food inside the lounge accesses ? So if i was to go to a cafe at the Helsinki airport and buy a hot plate meal burger or something can i bring that with me inside the lounge accesses ?

Last edited by citro; Sep 4, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:10 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Yes, there is a Burger King next to AY non-Shengen lounge. A Double Whopper with cheese, large fries and coke should do.

(I can not believe, that some day I would be feeding a troll...!)

It is located between gates 35 and 36, btw.

Last edited by TTL; Sep 5, 2015 at 4:58 am Reason: Localising information added
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Nah. Think about it: the Burger King is on land side. Who knows what could happen in a four hours lay-over. There could be uncivilized bikeys jumping the queue to the Burger King cashier even.

I definitely don't recommend it. Keep in mind you would need to go through security and border checks after the Burger King to the non-Schengen lounge.

If you are looking for sandwiches on land-side, I would recommend the S-market at arrivals 2B (notice: I own shares in the S cooperative).

And on a serious note: the non-Schengen lounge is supposed to serve food to passengers on long-haul midnight flights to Hong-Kong and Singapore. Unless they stopped it, or it is reserved to J, there will be some food in the lounge.

Last edited by Courmisch; Sep 5, 2015 at 2:47 am
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

anyhow thanks to those who came in here to help me understand how the lounge accesses works. It was much appreciated. Keep in mind we all learn something new all the times forum like this, and you learn by people who experience the finnair lounge area. After all the only thing that comes to mind is comfortable seat to relax while i wait for my flight to arrive. I'm just simply excited enough for my flight ive always enjoy airports and anything to do with commercial airlines.

thanks.,

Last edited by citro; Sep 5, 2015 at 5:56 am
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Deleted mail.

Last edited by TTL; Sep 5, 2015 at 6:29 am Reason: The commented posting was significantly changed...
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Courmisch
And on a serious note: the non-Schengen lounge is supposed to serve food to passengers on long-haul midnight flights to Hong-Kong and Singapore. Unless they stopped it, or it is reserved to J, there will be some food in the lounge.
Sorry the what J you talking about ?

I found out they will have salad buffet and coffee/tea from 9pm till midnight. I will be there from 8pm in which there wont be nothing to eat course the last meal they had there finished at approx 730pm i believe. I read something about this some where.

I just hope the food they have there is quality. It is why i paid 39.00euros for everything. Unless 39.00euros was mainly the cost for just seating at any comfortable seats there or perhaps it also cost the cover for the food they supply.

It doesn't look like an excitement place but i guess i will try it out and if i don't like it i won't ever use these sorts of lounges on the next future trips.

Last edited by citro; Sep 5, 2015 at 6:11 am
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
One last attempt to be nice and answer to questions for which the answers are extremely easy to find (even on Finnair's website).

Originally Posted by Finnair Website
Finnair Lounge in the non-Schengen area
•Situated between gates 36 and 37.
•Open daily from 6 a.m. to 12 midnight.
•900 m2 of lounge space, with seating for 250 guests.
•Hot breakfast from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., hot meals from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. and from 9 p.m. to 12 midnight.
•Salad bar and hot soup service from 10 a.m. to 12 midnight.

•Private shower suites and a Finnish sauna.
Sorry the what J you talking about ?
One would think that w/ 225 post to date on a forum focusing on the aviation industry, you'd know that generally:
• Y = economy class
• J = business class
• F = first class

It doesn't look like an excitement place but i guess i will try it out and if i don't like it i won't ever use these sorts of lounges on the next future trips.
None of the airline lounges are exciting (sorry, but I couldn't resist anymore) places, but they (usually) make your stay at any given airport a lot more comfortable. In my opinion while the Finnair non-Schengen business class lounge is not the best, it is really a decent one, so IMHO you made the right choice for purchasing the access.

Now just calm down and please stop whining. If you continue like this until January, you'll have a heart attack... Just enjoy your stay in the lounge between your flights and have a safe flight to Hong Kong.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

aviation industry, you'd know that generally:
• Y = economy class
• J = business class
• F = first class
What about K ? Non of those letters are on my bookings. The Helsinki to Hongkong is economy (k)

And also you should be nice more wisely to womans. Thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

None of the airline lounges are exciting (sorry, but I couldn't resist anymore) places, but they (usually) make your stay at any given airport a lot more comfortable. In my opinion while the Finnair non-Schengen business class lounge is not the best, it is really a decent one, so IMHO you made the right choice for purchasing the access.

Now just calm down and please stop whining. If you continue like this until January, you'll have a heart attack... Just enjoy your stay in the lounge between your flights and have a safe flight to Hong Kong.
Well i hope not im only excited as much as any enthusiastic traveler.

Is the non-schengen is it the better one compare to the other two at Helsinki airport ?

First when i didn't new much about it i kept thinking geez a place like that has to be for these on Business class only and any VIP. and they are been treated like a king. But aparently from a video review i saw... it is hardly nothing like that looks a bit dull with bright lights everywhere but i guess there are comfortable seats but defently would not give it a big 5 star rating that is for sure but close enough. Yet i have to experience it myself to give a proper truth rating. Will know soon.

And finally what does non-schengen actually means ? I really don't understand how that is actually spelled.

Last edited by citro; Sep 5, 2015 at 7:22 am
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AY+Plat

And finally what does non-schengen actually means ? I really don't understand how that is actually spelled.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.