Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
In C it should be 50€ or 80€ e-gift card or 10k points for IFE failure as per AY's compensation card.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
In C it should be 50€ or 80€ e-gift card or 10k points for IFE failure as per AY's compensation card.
I really think this should be the policy in Y, too. 20 euros (voucher!) sounds miserable.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Was the €20 voucher for inflight sales & Skybistro?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Was the €20 voucher for inflight sales & Skybistro?
I thought he meant 20 vouchers (for each passenger)
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
If they didn't work at all for the entire flight? That's miserable. Hopefully the WiFi was at least working. The one time I received a 20 eur voucher they gave it when they had to reboot the screens twice and they were down most of the first hour. So, much more bearable fortunately, and I used it on a bottle of Napue to bring back home.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:37 am

There was no wifi either (assuming I was on the same flight). And yes, the voucher was for inflight sales & skybistro.

I got an SMS that no wifi nor IFE when already onboard, the note could have been sent earlier so I could have prepared...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt

I really think this should be the policy in Y, too. 20 euros (voucher!) sounds miserable.
Should I call and ask for more or what?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Got 20e voucher from AY in J to Asia, when wifi didnt work the entire flight.

Comparing with SQ, in J the IFE remote doesnt work, if i want to watch anything, i have to order from the FA with a list. They gave me 150SGD for in flight shopping.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Very much höpöhöpö but did some cleaning at my parents house and found a few sets of AY playing cards that were handed out to me when I was a child. Cannot (quite obviously) remember exact years but maybe someone here can help out, my guesstimae is mid 90s.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Guillou
Very much höpöhöpö but did some cleaning at my parents house and found a few sets of AY playing cards that were handed out to me when I was a child. Cannot (quite obviously) remember exact years but maybe someone here can help out, my guesstimae is mid 90s.
I have them too! A ”family game” that was handed out on a leisure flight to Crete, I believe.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
At my grandparents place I've also found some AY memorabilia such as playing cards, cutlery and more.

They flew lots as non-revs so they accumulated a lot of these things.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Once had dinner in a "bamboo-style" restaurant in southern Thailand. Think it was on Lanta, if I remember correctly. Well the fork I got to eat with was a Finnair-fork. Hackman manufactured I think it was.
Quite funny actually. Do AY sell/dispose old cutlery in destination countries. OR more likely, stolen by a J-passenger, picked up by a hotel cleaner and later ended up in a local restaurant.
SPBanker and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
In Havana, a local restaurant had AA's old J napkins, the white ones with navy blue stitching. I went there twice and would have wanted to ask them how those napkins had made their way there, but I didn't want to embarrass anyone. My guess is AA got rid of them by donating them somewhere, and after a couple of middlemen they were sold to the restaurant. The napkins never had any AA logos, and the folks at the restaurant probably have no idea their napkins used to belong to a US airline.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Could also be the manufacturers selling overstock or defective items to liquidators who then dump the whole load to poor countries.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Romance is not dead

AY female choir
Finnair captain proposes Norra purser @hel - with band and Finnair’s female choir.
probably in today’s 10 News, as they interviewed the happy couple.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Oct 8, 2018 at 6:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.