Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Well, look what I found...HEL-JFK, 30DEC02, on an MD-11! Bit more than 1-2 years ago though!
Hehe, love the decor. Nope, that does not scream modern, exactly.

Love the size of the plates too, they had to work a bit to spread the food. In flight plated?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Does anyone know what this wonderful pink-ish sauce is that comes with the salmon and small piece of ?rye? bread starter? It is wonderful!

Overall this canneloni dish must be my favorite. It is SO good!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Does anyone know what this wonderful pink-ish sauce is that comes with the salmon and small piece of ?rye? bread starter? It is wonderful!
I seem to recall it is some sort of beetroot mayonnaise. I could be wrong though.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
I seem to recall it is some sort of beetroot mayonnaise.
That would have been my guess too. The meal looks good!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

SFML on BUD-HEL. The starter was excellent, the main not so much, it lacked in taste and spices. You should note that also the seafood meal comes with gluten-free bread and dessert (and hummus).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by nordic

I think there is no choice of breakfast between HEL-CPH/OSL and some other shorter routes. Just the hot option. At least they have never offered a choice even when sittning in the front row. I fly these routes rather seldom.
I can second that on HEL-CPH. Omelette (mushroom-fillihng?), one "nakki", rösti, fruit salad and yoghurt. Some steamed broccoli and tomatoes were on the plate as well.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:44 am

Last week BRU-HEL.

the main was salmon pasta. Although it didn't look good the taste was good.

19 people in J, of which 2 Lumos and about 10 plats (many MEPs).

Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Yesterday the kitchen had ran out of porcelain plates for sh mains and substituted with some plastic tubs... Made the presentation and whole tray look completely awful.
esledo likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Yesterday the kitchen had ran out of porcelain plates for sh mains and substituted with some plastic tubs... Made the presentation and whole tray look completely awful.
How did your FA handle this? Things like these happen, and to me, it's all about how they handle it. If they're proactively apologetic and friendly, I'm not bothered at all. If, on the other hand, they throw the tray at me without recognizing the issue at all, I might very well ask sarcastically why I've been served a Y meal and feel unhappy about it. At that stage, even the friendliest of replies isn't going to mend the issue completely.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
How did your FA handle this? Things like these happen, and to me, it's all about how they handle it. If they're proactively apologetic and friendly, I'm not bothered at all. If, on the other hand, they throw the tray at me without recognizing the issue at all, I might very well ask sarcastically why I've been served a Y meal and feel unhappy about it. At that stage, even the friendliest of replies isn't going to mend the issue completely.
They handled it very well. I asked whether the meal was bought from Lidl and was assured that it's still AY kitchen. No proactiveness though...
ffay005 and EuroFlash like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:02 pm

I was afraid that the snack in the longer European routes in C would be a cinammon bun as in my first trip almost 18 months ago. The service was started a few minutes after the dishes from the main service were collected away. Now it was a more discrete one. A small salty muffin and chocolates were offered. I chose the one with spinach and feta but there was a choice of something red (dried Tomato?). Any drinks could be chocen but coffee was served in a paper cup. Still, I prefer this approach compared with the earlier one with porcellain cups 10 minutes after the dessert coffee cups were collected away. I highly appreciate this service to make some sort of happening during a 3++ hour flight. I did not take any photos so please do post. I think this part of the service has not been mentioned here too often.

in another thread I mentioned that the short haul SFML continues to be a dish from the long-haul flights. In my case an arctic smoked char.

Last edited by nordic; May 6, 2019 at 4:59 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
ZRH-HEL a week ago. Beef starter, and chicken main with chanterelle sauce. The rice and peas looked like they would taste wet and soggy but were actually tasty. Another good, steady dish.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
HEL-ZRH a week ago. Salmon sashimi starter, and the main I chose was the fish: cod in lobster sauce and mashed potatoes. Slightly bland in taste but nothing that a bit of salt&pepper won't fix. I seriously would have been happy with this main on a long haul flight. The chocolate cake wasn't half bad either.

It's great to see how in just the last 1-2 years AY has truly raised their food offerings in J to a different level. Even in short haul I am consistently surprised by how far they have come and truly hope they keep this up.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The ZRH-HEL dish looks familiar from my DXB flight last autumn. It was a hearty, tasty meal. The cod looks great! ^
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:03 pm

AY 1331/1338 HEL-LHR-HEL

Breakfast; Rösti, Sausage and Mushroom crepes. Alepa fruits

Dinner: Smoked Vendace, Beef stew with cranberry sauce and a greenish mash. The green thing mostly tasted peas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.