Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Support group for victims of miles posting slowly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Support group for victims of miles posting slowly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Viking Club Member, K-Plussa Paras asiakas
Angry Support group for victims of miles posting slowly

You have 10+ flights left to fly within a month, and you've studied the booking classes and tables: you know you're supposed to hit the next membership tier already after the first few flights. But will the miles post in time or will you have to fly without your new status?

The first flights come around. Somehow you have this naive idea that maybe, just maybe this time the miles would post in a reasonable time. The first few come in fine. I'm sure I'll have my new status before my last 5+ flights, right..? Then the reality hits. Some long haul flight in the middle of your itinerary is magically missing from the middle of all the other posted flights. You cant file a missing miles claim yet because the 2 week window isnt full just yet.

Im likely looking at 6 legs w/o lounge access and worse seats because miles from 1 flight just decided to post slower than from all other flights in the itinerary. How stupid would you feel about converting 30k pts into 10k tier pts to get to the tier before flights, all because of the delay? Or just bite your fist and wave goodbye to the perks.

Also what if my tracking period ends before the miles come in? I guess there shouldnt be a problem as I should clearly hit the treshold but it feels uneasy to go past the limit without the sufficient miles.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
An advice for you, supposing you are speaking about hitting AY Platinum:

Call/e-mail Plat line and tell that you are contacting them since you should be technically Plat. Ask them to review your data and forward your status so that you get all your bennies (at least on AY).

I have done kind of similar requests many times and every time they have accomodated my requests. AY Plat line is very good.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:39 am

I have had a worse case when doing the same math and calculations with booking classes to ensure 100% points. And then a flight cancellation, hit me to a booking class with 0 points from the trans-Atlantic flight. At least you still have the change of getting the points.

BTW I did once buy the points to gain gold before some LH flights, but at that time my calculations were correct and I hit plat right before ending the tracking period.

I have read somewhere that there should be a grace period when tracking ends so you should have about a month for the points to be registered. But no hard facts on this one.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My 2 MH flights would just take me over to Silver, meaning 10% bonus for the subsequent AY flights, but somehow I don't see that happening.

EDIT - both flights posted today, under a week! ^

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Mar 11, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.