Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

J Amenity kit – what do you want included?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Amenity kit – what do you want included?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
IIRC, slippers can be provided on some routes only, like japan. (There was a time when it was either socks or slippers, never both. But this might be dated info)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
IIRC, slippers can be provided on some routes only, like japan. (There was a time when it was either socks or slippers, never both. But this might be dated info)
The long haul destinations I've travelled with AY in J are JFK, BKK, SIN, PVG and have always received the Marimekko slippers. FWIW, I've never received socks in J (but the Y+ amenity kit contains them).
Clydez likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe that's how it unfolded. The "either or" approach wasn't working and they went with slippers and no socks on all destinations. Anyway, it looks like OP can leave his slippers at home then!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
In the past there were no slippers provided on the MIA route. I think that it had changed the last time I flew to MIA.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, slippers on all routes. And socks available on request.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

On today's flight they had a new Marimekko pattern on (some of) the amenity kits. Blue spirals on white background. Looked a bit messy to me. I wonder what the pattern is called.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
On today's flight they had a new Marimekko pattern on (some of) the amenity kits. Blue spirals on white background. Looked a bit messy to me. I wonder what the pattern is called.
Yep, got this in last month to PVG. Dont like the pattern though.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, slippers on all routes. And socks available on request.
usually they offer M or S size slippers. If you need bigger sizes, ask early since they usually are in very limited supply.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
usually they offer M or S size slippers. If you need bigger sizes, ask early since they usually are in very limited supply.
I have always had L sized slippers waiting for me.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AY
the new marimekko pattern has a very weird color combination. I mean, big circle pattern in green with blue lining of zip, srsly? I missed the gray wave pattern that I never got. I also noticed how much they cut the cost of skincare products in the kit, first in Clarins, then dropped to L'Occitane, and now fell to Lumene (in its lower-end products).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by cantongirl
I also noticed how much they cut the cost of skincare products in the kit, first in Clarins, then dropped to L'Occitane, and now fell to Lumene (in its lower-end products).
I claim that the cost-cutting is a blind guess if you don't have any access to internal numbers. Keep in mind that those amenity kits are also advertisement for the cosmetics companies. Also from my point of view Lumene fits well with AY like Marimekko does since they are all Finnish brands.

And welcome to FT.
Purjelentaja, ffay005 and Clydez like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
On last night's HKG-HEL flight I noticed that the amenity kit had Clarins products instead of Lumene. Also as opposed to the normal Lumene products, the Clarins products were a lip balm and hydrating cream. Is Clarins used parallel to Lumene or is this a new thing? My HEL-HKG flight amenity kit had the usual Lumenes a couple days earlier.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Sounds like you got some old stock. Used to be Clarins, then Occitane en Provence, then Lumene.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.