Wiki Posts
Search

Junior to Basic

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Junior to Basic

Well, I've just 'graduated' from AY+ junior to basic a few days ago. (sarcastic yay) Anyway, I was intrigued to see what my tier tracker showed me.

Now, does this mean I've been promoted to Silver (or perhaps Gold, looking at the 127k pts total) or is there just an IT error? [rarity on AY lately ] I always just assumed points earned as a Jr. member don't accumulate towards status at 18.

Either way it's a non-problem, as I moved myself to BAEC a few years back and already have Emerald through that, I mean no status for under-18's, that's just ridiculous.

(Though the potential upgrade vouchers would be fabulous )

Last edited by Flythe96flag; May 4, 2014 at 7:33 am
Old May 4, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I understand this so that you are at the Basic level and have not accumulated anything towards the next (Silver) level yet. If you look at the segments, you can see that you have 0 flights flown and a full 24 flights needed to qualify. So it looks like an IT error once again as far as the tier points are concerned...
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The junior account collects tier points, even though there are no junior tiers.
I think it has been established in another thread (long time ago) that those tier points do not carry over to the post-junior account.
Otherwise, I guess many juniors would instantly turn platinum at the age of 18, as there is no expiry during Junior years.

Those 127k points you have, I assume that is equal to your lifetime tier earnings. Most likely they will reset very soon.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Those 127k points you have, I assume that is equal to your lifetime tier earnings. Most likely they will reset very soon.
Actually I have about 180k lifetime tier points, and 127k of those appear on the tier tracker.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A bit strange, but it is not always one can apply logics to airline's systems.

My bet is still on a points reset but I guess you will find out sooner or later.
Old May 5, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
A bit strange, but it is not always one can apply logics to airline's systems.

My bet is still on a points reset but I guess you will find out sooner or later.

That was my initial thought as well, especially since we all know how poorly AY IT performs most of the times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.