Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 new business seats 2A or 2L?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

A330 new business seats 2A or 2L?

I'm about to book my first flight with Finnair in what should be the new business class on a 330 from HEL to BKK return and would be very grateful for advice on the best seat for a single passenger. Having searched this forum it seems to come down to either 2A or 2L and I wonder which one you frequent flyers with Finnair would choose and why?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I haven't flown on 2L yet but on 4L, which is similar. 2A has table space on both sides, which is convenient if you have lot's of stuff around (eg. laptop, books etc.) during the flight. At 2L the seat is very near aircraft fuselage which isn't that great thing if one is a big person (especially at shoulder line). Eg. 3L has more sense of space but is obviously a bigger target to bumps and hits from the aisle.

At 2A there is more space for your shoulders but leg space can be limited in full-flat mode. This can be seen from the photo in another thread. I'm not such a big guy so doesn't make big difference, usually I choose the seat according to the direction sunlight (= L seat westbound).

What comes to AY's soft product the left aisle (seats A/C/D) is normally served by purser. On right aisle (seats H/L) there is not that many seats to be served, though.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:45 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Both are ok, I'd take 2A for dayflight and 2L for night as the legroom is tighter on A for sleeping. 2L offers great privacy and I have found it ok for long westbounds as well.

Whatever you choose you cannot go wrong with those 2 options.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I loved 2A for the reasons that esledo outlined. More space than on the other side of the plane. I didn't mind the narrower footspace but a lot of people mention it so it might be something to keep in mind. Wasn't at all an issue for me. (NB my experience was in the "old" business class on the A330, day flight BKK-HEL).

I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised with Finnair; it was my first flight with them and I'm now a big fan!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I second NoWindowSeat's advice.

The tables/consoles on each side of 2A is where pax in 3A and C gets to keep their feet. If they are agile sleepers, it might prove difficult to sleep in 2A as noise and shocks from moving is close to your head.

2A is great for daytime, just like said above. Not sure I agree with 2A having more shoulder space (as the two tables are the hard limits of the space). I measured space to be almost 22" between consoles in 2A. I haven't measured 2L yet .

Seat/bed is 19" at its widest regardless of seat.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: LH SEN
I am not sure about the actual measures, just referring to how I sense the space. 2A is different because of the curviture of fuselage at 2L.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, I know and agree. It has a very spacey feeling while sitting.

On the old J, the curvature works in advantage for window seats. An A-seat (or L) has a lot more width than this new 2A. Fold down the armrest, you get a good 6-7" more width. So I think maybe something similar goes for 2L.
I have a refurb A340 in a few weeks, but I'm in 1L right now, so it will be a bit awkward measuring 2L. At least for whom ever seated there
{Internal joke start} unless it is an older Korean women, in which case AY will encourage sharing the bed {end joke}
Old May 3, 2014, 1:03 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by duan
I'm about to book my first flight with Finnair in what should be the new business class on a 330 from HEL to BKK return and would be very grateful for advice on the best seat for a single passenger. Having searched this forum it seems to come down to either 2A or 2L and I wonder which one you frequent flyers with Finnair would choose and why?
I would prefer 2A.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I prefer 2A, lots of space, even if last night I felt that leg space was indeed limited VERTICALLY while in fully flat (sleeping) position - I bumped my legs repeatedly to the bottom of the middle console (where the IFE is located) Shoulder space (while sleeping) wasn't stellar either, but I've been working out a lot lately, so it's my own doing

That said, I had a full 7 hrs sleep to SIN, which I count as very good, indeed.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
I hve flown DEL-HEL in this plane & was on 2A. As per my experience , this is best seat in this plane for a solo traveller. Reason being nice Space on both arms while in other seat there is space only in one arm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.