Wiki Posts
Search

Service question on HEL-HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Service question on HEL-HKG?

I'm in the lounge waiting to fly to Hong Kong on the 23:40 and just thought that I was a bit peckish so wondered what the food expectation should be.

Is it generally that the lights are off and everyone wants to get some sleep or do they run a full meal service even though it will be after midnight?

(I might just go for some more fruit salad while I'm here).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I usually eat dinner before going to the airport to maximize my sleep on the plane. However, if I eat on the plane, I usually just have the salad or sometimes salad and main. They serve full meals and the service is pretty quick since the crew wants to get their rest too.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Thanks, I thought it would be better if I had something light (hence the fruit salad) and maybe a nightcap.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GfL
I'm curious were new seats installed on your flight to HKG?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Last night AY69 was LQG.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
They serve full meals and the service is pretty quick since the crew wants to get their rest too.
Didnt the shift of the FAs just started? Resting after 2 hours?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:28 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
Didnt the shift of the FAs just started? Resting after 2 hours?
I don't think it is really a question about the crew wanting to "rest" in the real meaning of the word - most of them need to be alert anyway at any given time so it's more about getting the service over and done with, dim the cabin lights and let pax sleep, get the cabin into "night mode" = easier work for them and they can then read/mingle/apply to mile high club etc...those who need/want something can always use the call button and/or walk up to the galley.

In J they will also set up a small minibar style offering in the back galley where you can help yourself out. What's not there is just a one call button push away..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.