Search

Diners upgrade offer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Diners upgrade offer

New Finnair Diners Club offer, two European upgrades to business class:
Kun haet korttia 31.3.2014 mennessä, saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Finnairin Euroopan-reittilennoille hyväksymispäätöksen saatuasi. Päätöksen saat noin 20 päivän sisällä hakemuksen jättämisestä. Kun teet ensimmäisen ostosi kortilla 31.5. mennessä, saat edun käyttöösi. Korotukset ovat voimassa vuoden.

First year fee only 25eur, might apply once again... (cancelled my DC late last year).

http://www.finnair.com/FI/FI/finnair...er+Diners+Club
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by vulle
First year fee only 25eur, might apply once again... (cancelled my DC late last year).
So did I - do you think we'd qualify as new cardholders?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So did I - do you think we'd qualify as new cardholders?
Had a quick read through application material and found no info to indicate otherwise. So yes
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:57 am

Very nice.. I guess I need to get a finnair plus account now also...25e for two upgrades to business is not too bad.

edit: I wonder if the purchase that you have to do before 31.5. is a flight or perhaps anything at all?

Last edited by tentativetraveller; Mar 11, 2014 at 8:04 am
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
Very nice.. I guess I need to get a finnair plus account now also...25e for two upgrades to business is not too bad.

edit: I wonder if the purchase that you have to do before 31.5. is a flight or perhaps anything at all?
Purchase should be anything at all. Last time when I got my 10k AY+-points I used my DC for a total of 73eur before cancellation...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:59 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Has anyone received the UG vouchers from DC? I am a basic member in Finnair Plus, received the card March 18th, but no vouchers yet. I called DC last week, they said that vouchers should be visible in Finnair soon after first invoice that came March 27th. Tried to use one of them on Friday, but Finnair CS replied they cannot see them yet.

Can I as a basic member see the vouchers somewhere in my Finnair Plus account?

Offtopic: I got 10000p to my Finnair Plus account after registration, marked with "Extra Award points". Nice suprise if I still get the UG vouchers.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HJP
Has anyone received the UG vouchers from DC? I am a basic member in Finnair Plus, received the card March 18th, but no vouchers yet. I called DC last week, they said that vouchers should be visible in Finnair soon after first invoice that came March 27th. Tried to use one of them on Friday, but Finnair CS replied they cannot see them yet.

Can I as a basic member see the vouchers somewhere in my Finnair Plus account?

Offtopic: I got 10000p to my Finnair Plus account after registration, marked with "Extra Award points". Nice suprise if I still get the UG vouchers.
When did you apply for the new card? When did you receive the points? You might have applied during earlier campaign (10000 points for new customers), those points posted to my Finnar Plus account in two transactions (28.2 & 4.3).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:07 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
I applied the card on 11.3, and only because of the free UG promotion that was advertised on Finnair.fi. Points was received on 1.4.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Upgrade vouchers are not visible in Finnair site and you will not get any vouchers from DC. The upgrades are in Finnair system though and customer service can confirm their existence and expiration date.

Funnily enough, Awardwallet also sees them fine even though you can't find them from Finnair site yourself. I asked earlier how this is possible but I don't think I ever got an answer.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any ideas if this voucher can be given away or alternatively, redeemed now for a flight later than the expiry date? My voucher expires end of this month.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: LH SEN
AY upgrade vouchers have always been available for upgrading a flight that is in future. Just do your upgrade booking before vouchers expire.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Excellent! Thanks esledo!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by exs2
Upgrade vouchers are not visible in Finnair site and you will not get any vouchers from DC. The upgrades are in Finnair system though and customer service can confirm their existence and expiration date.

Funnily enough, Awardwallet also sees them fine even though you can't find them from Finnair site yourself. I asked earlier how this is possible but I don't think I ever got an answer.
Nowadays they are! They changed the system this spring. I could see my two DC upgrade vouchers on my Finnair Plus account page before I used them.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by UpperDeck87K
Nowadays they are! They changed the system this spring. I could see my two DC upgrade vouchers on my Finnair Plus account page before I used them.
Noticed that as well. I have two which are expiring this month as I rarely fly with Finnair these days. Then, when I finally did get a Finnair flight to Venice and tried to use them, I was informed that the flight is operated as Economy class only...

Oh well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.