Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Wow, almost like they are bringing the service chef -concept back! (For those of us who are old enough to know what that means 😀 )
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:02 pm

I wonder if the mattress pads will be included. Wasn’t there a trial on the PVG route?

The two-striped service chefs were excellent and I really hope that the new concept will resultat in concistent service.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:06 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by nordic
I wonder if the mattress pads will be included. Wasn’t there a trial on the PVG route?
Yes, there was.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Finnair plat
Review from ausbt
https://www.ausbt.com.au/finnair-s-n...-class-refresh
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Today's email seems to indicate that
- you can no longer order hot meals for Central / Northern European flights
- you can upgrade your first meal service for a whopping €21–€29 on leisure-oriented longhauls in Y ex-HEL

The longhaul meals for purchase do sound good, lamb entrecote and smoked arctic char, but the price is insane considering that you already paid for the regular Y meal in your ticket and this is just an upgrade.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...pre-order-meal
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
Today's email seems to indicate that
- you can no longer order hot meals for Central / Northern European flights
It seems that the preorder hot meal on European flights was replaced by the new seat and meal package. Anyone tried that? How are the meals?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:30 am

Hmm, the seat and meal option is 11 000 points (or 35 €) but upgrade from economy to business is 10 000 points.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:35 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
True. Doesn't make sense to use points but 35€ isn't too bad. I could pay that sometimes if the quality of meal is good. However, if it's in same level than Euro J now, then no thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:57 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair will stop distribution of printed papers on all longhaul immediately. Printed papers will remain in shorthaul "for the time being".
As a replacement, all passengers (Y and J) will be able to access 50+ international newspapers as pdf, free of charge through the wifi portal on longhaul flights.

-- Added
As for this matter, A350 rotation HEL-LHR is part of the longhaul concept, ie digital newspapers only.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Hasn’t this been the case for some time already? At least there have been no Finnish newspapers for quite some time so I haven’t bothered.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:27 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe so. My latest longhaul was in november, I think I was able to read a paper on that flight. They may have been cancelling deals with publishers over an extended period of time.
Anyway, they did a press release today with this wording indicating they now have set a firm date for removing all papers (my bolding):

" As of today, over 50 international newspapers can be read in pdf format through the Nordic Sky portal ...
At the same time, Finnair will discontinue distributing paper versions of newspapers on its long-haul flights. Paper issues will remain on European flights for the time being, until Finnair’s European fleet is also equipped with Wi-Fi later this year."
I find it interesting that they now offer papers for free to anyone, so there is no advantage being J pax or tier member.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
I find it interesting that they now offer papers for free to anyone, so there is no advantage being J pax or tier member.
So it is easier to sell this as a positive enhancement.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
For me, very sad news. In my LH flight in J in November, the FAs told that move to pdf is a one-month trial only, and they are colelcting feedback.

I gave my feedback against the change, both by the feedback collected by the FAs, and via the AY feedback system.

I never read any newspapers from the screen (maybe due to my generation, I am not diginative), and never like to surf via IFE. Instead, what is better during approach and landing than sudoku or IS weekend piilosana!

My proposal was that newspapers had been available for J and tier members. But not
vulle and cistavoda like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition

You think it will be free for how long?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Ukki
Instead, what is better during approach and landing than sudoku or IS weekend piilosana!
I (a diginative) fully agree!

As much as I prefer printed papers, I do like how they did the wifi portal newspapers. Being able to download pdfs and not having to use some horrible reader thing in browser is great.

The press release says they are free for all "at this stage", which to me sounds like they don't have a way to charge passengers yet. But I guess providing 50 international papers and a dozen or so Finnish ones is not exactly cheap for AY so their Nordic Sky provider is already working on payment things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.