Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by intuition
Finnair is soon offering signature dish on the inbound from HKG:
Chef Sorsa would very much like to see the actual presentation of the meals - especially on AY62. Please post, with a link to higher resolution pic if possible.

Fennel-seasoned cold-smoked salmon, midnight menu

Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lappe
Chef Sorsa would very much like to see the actual presentation of the meals - especially on AY62. Please post, with a link to higher resolution pic if possible.

Fennel-seasoned cold-smoked salmon, midnight menu

OMG, who are they trying to fool by calling this signature dish. Especially the cheese plate with one grape! and garrot stick and starter salad make the cantin at my work look like gourmet restaurant. Hopefully the main course, or signature dish as it is called, at least tasted good?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by teme
OMG, who are they trying to fool by calling this signature dish. Especially the cheese plate with one grape! and garrot stick and starter salad make the cantin at my work look like gourmet restaurant. Hopefully the main course, or signature dish as it is called, at least tasted good?
Yeah - the cheese platter is not a good joke. The main course was actually a pleasant surprise, rest of the meal not so pleasant. The catering is from Cathay Catering in HKG and they do a pretty good job for CX.
I'm hoping that the rest of the meal will improve as the A350 starts on this route. Not sure if there is any basis for the hope!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not sure if this is the spot to put this, but apparently the website has gotten a renewal. The booking engine now sports an ipad-design, where everything is huge. Each flight option is now presented in a extremely large bod, I assume this is done for finger-interaction on mobile devices, however you get the same interface on desktop. I'm on a 2560x1440 screen and I still can't see all flighs without scrolling...
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Not sure if this is the spot to put this, but apparently the website has gotten a renewal. The booking engine now sports an ipad-design, where everything is huge. Each flight option is now presented in a extremely large bod, I assume this is done for finger-interaction on mobile devices, however you get the same interface on desktop. I'm on a 2560x1440 screen and I still can't see all flighs without scrolling...
I noticed this today booking a route in Y with lots of daily flights (many rows) and also all the different fare options (from Campaign up to Pro). I agree that it was very difficult to navigate. For those unfamiliar with the fare types, viewing the fare rules 'dropdown' will occupy the whole screen.

There does not seem to be much in the way of signposting for the cheapest fares anymore, either.

Overall, perhaps it is a better experience for the casual user to initially search with Google Flights.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I didn't think the design was that bad, but I had to widen the browser window on full HD res. Wonder how it looks on old stool laptops.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I suppose this is a service update as well: AY now gives out a regular 09 number for reservations. It's the "silver" number, but now it is publicly available on Finnair.fi.

No extra charge numbers anymore.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Well, FWIW, not sure if there is any Sakura time reports here but as I was just there I actually liked that AY had some tiny little things related and special Sakura menu as well. Not that it was very good but at least the various Japanese style things looked more appealing than some other appalling J mealboxes.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:30 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
New Signature meals announced

Finnair today announced two additional partnerships for its business class Signature Menu program with famous Executive Chefs Steven Liu from China and Sasu Laukkonen from Finland.

The Signature Menu by Steven Liu, Executive Chef de Cuisine, will be served on Finnair's long-haul flights departing Beijing and Shanghai as of April 6, 2016. Other Chinese destinations will follow at a later date. Chef Steven's menu titled "When East Meets West" integrates Western and Eastern flavors with a new and modern style.

Finnair's Signature Menu cooperation with Sasu Laukkonen will bring the best of Nordic cuisine to long-haul business class customers flying out of Helsinki as of April 6, 2016.

In addition to the new Signature Menus, Finnair will introduce organic Jymy ice cream from Finland in business class for all its long-haul flights departing Helsinki as of April 6, 2016.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Finnair launched a new "stopopver service", with its own booking engine. Purpose: to make it easier to book stoppovers in Finland for transfer passengers.
This service has been announced for quite awhile in the onboard info-mercials and now, hopefully in time for summer holiday season, it exists!

The booking enginge can be found here:
http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/stopover

The booking engine indeed makes it easier to search and book with stopover (which earlier required the use of multi-city-booking). You just add number of days in Finland, and the enginge will do the multi-city search for you. Seems quite nifty.

(It does however not help you with BNE-BER-RVN-BNE trips, and when will BER airport be ready, and why does it cost 6000 AUD in economic class, and the travel agent will cheat me into buying someting else, and where did the businetic passangers go and it does not book seats next to HEL's bikeys either)
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Finnair plat
In the old setup you could change date easy
Now you can't - you can click back and start all over again
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
But does it help with doing stop-overs both ways? In my experience, the website failed miserably at pricing four ways tickets (had to call eBookers to the rescue).
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

No, it only offers a choice of stoppover on either out- or home-bound. It is essentially just a pre-coded page that uses the multi-segment-search. Nothing new here in terms of technology.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Finnair launched a new "stopopver service", with its own booking engine.
You just add number of days in Finland, and the enginge will do the multi-city search for you. Seems quite nifty.
For Finnish FT's it should allow 1-180 days stopover in Finland.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:35 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

It seems AY has launched revamped design of the AY+ pages. There is a new tab called "Benefits" where I assume things like give-away card will appear.

However, nothing works. There is an endless loop saying "Please wait".
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.