Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Press conference 14.11.2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:55 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Upgrades to India go up by whopping 15000 to 50000. Other LH upgrades up by 5000.

If I understood correctly, Pro ticket on LH means complimentary biz upgrade on the European leg, if such exists. And there's room. Still, not insignificant.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Upgrades to India go up by whopping 15000 to 50000. Other LH upgrades up by 5000.

If I understood correctly, Pro ticket on LH means complimentary biz upgrade on the European leg, if such exists. And there's room. Still, not insignificant.
OTOH - earnings to India up 50%

So inflating LH upgrades by 10%. Are SH upgrades inflated too?

IMO, the "complimentary upgrade" is a bit hard to understand the point of. Especially if SH J will be on flybe without food/drinks/whatever. What would be the perk in that? Looking cool by sitting in row 1 on a E90?!?

Last edited by intuition; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:47 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
One point to note concerning upgrades: Bangkok J upgrade down by 5000 points. A good thing for such a long flight. (And often operated by A330s with the newest J configuration.)

Dubai upgrade also down by 10000 points.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AY Gold
BKK upgrade go down by 5000 (55000>50000). Dubai 10000 is a nice surprise, but Business Class (A340) available only on Thursdays this winter.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:05 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Are SH upgrades inflated too?

IMO, the "complimentary upgrade" is a bit hard to understand the point of. Especially if SH J will be on flybe without food/drinks/whatever. What would be the perk in that? Looking cool by sitting in row 1 on a E90?!?
AFAICT, SH upgrades are the same.

Are you implying that sitting in row 1 is not cool?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Looks like Finnair (plus) is finally taking some steps in the right direction. Combined with the possible demise of SAS, AY once again starts to feel more lucrative.

Although the increase in points required for upgrades to India is a real downer for me.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AFAICT, SH upgrades are the same.

Are you implying that sitting in row 1 is not cool?
On a E90, I think you need to be sitting in one of the actual front seats to feel really cool

Last edited by intuition; Nov 13, 2012 at 1:08 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
[*] they didn't completely remove 25% earnings. Still a need to keep track of the exact fare classes
They never told 25% would be removed.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
They never told 25% would be removed.
Oh, I didn't claim they did.
The clear ticket type chart, which I like, does not show the 25% earning as any special ticket type. So I am just stating I dislike that I cannot just look for the new names (Basic, Value, Pro) and instantly know what earnings are.

I like simplicity *), and I think from a marketing point of view simple is "the thing"

*) in a product model
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:39 pm

I hope that the 25% earning being listed only under *) means that it will be only some tickets sold in past discount campaigns. With this kind of marketing I will feel cheated if I go to Finnair website, select the flight I want and cheapest basic ticket and the earning is anything less than 50%. If they want to keep selling tickets that earn only 25%, they should have that clearly visible in their product chart.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Kallio
I hope that the 25% earning being listed only under *) means that it will be only some tickets sold in past discount campaigns. With this kind of marketing I will feel cheated if I go to Finnair website, select the flight I want and cheapest basic ticket and the earning is anything less than 50%. If they want to keep selling tickets that earn only 25%, they should have that clearly visible in their product chart.
Of the current 5 fare classes (ZRAWG) that earnes 25%, only 2 (Z,R) will move to 50% earnings. I do not know the volumes in each class, but I'd say W is commonly sold.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:10 pm

Of the current 5 fare classes (ZRAWG) that earnes 25%, only 2 (Z,R) will move to 50% earnings. I do not know the volumes in each class, but I'd say W is commonly sold.
Yeah, it looks like the ongoing campaign fares ex-HEL book into W. Cheapest LH fares after the campaign dates are in Z, however to Europe they are in W otside the campaign dates too. If that does not change I will feel like cheated by Finnair marketing.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Tricky! HEL-HAM is either 2h00m or 2h05m, but HAM-HEL 1h55m. On HEL-TXL AY flights are 1h55m.
They were not just mentioning omitting "free" food on flights in Y under 2h but also beverages. So pax from HEL to HAM/TXL should pay for a cup of coffee or juice as well? Or is a basic beverages service still guaranteed on shorter Euro flights?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by mosburger
They were not just mentioning omitting "free" food on flights in Y under 2h but also beverages. So pax from HEL to HAM/TXL should pay for a cup of coffee or juice as well? Or is a basic beverages service still guaranteed on shorter Euro flights?
Called AY and they say that nothing will be served, not even in J. One can buy "coffee or such" in her words.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: AY Plat
Upgardes to China, Hong Kong, Japan & Singapore require exra 5000 points. Earnings e.g. from Singapore biz route dropped 10% from 18 552 p to 17 000 p.

Nice how they compensate for the "classic" A340 seats HEL-SIN with lower earnings and higher upgrade requirements. It is a true priviledge to be able to fly with 1994 ex-Virgin or with 1997 ex-AF planes.

EDIT: sorry, most of this was noted already on the top of this page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.