Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Turnberry Isle [no longer a Fairmont hotel]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Turnberry Isle [no longer a Fairmont hotel]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
Absolutely. They are taking the high road.

It would have been very easy to do far less, and perhaps offer a room at an alternative location only to steer FPC members away from Turnberry.
The sent the e-mail without request..

Instead of leaving the customers out in a lurk, Fairmont realizes that they have a contractual obligation they need to meet.. since a reservation generated is in fact a contract..

Kudos to Fairmont.. not so much for Turnberry..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just got this from Turnberry. All I can do is laugh a bit at going around in circles...

I am waiting for Fairmont to confirm everything for me. Hopefully the stay will end up being a smooth one.

Hope you are well. We are no longer a Fairmont Property and are now part of the Turnberry Hotel Group. We would love to have you stay with us at our beautiful resort in October as you originally booked but unfortunately we are not able to honor your Fairmont’s Presidents Certificates for that booking and all future bookings with us. If you have further questions in regards to this issue please contact Fairmont Corporate at 416 874 2600. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and have a wonderful evening.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just got this from Turnberry. All I can do is laugh a bit at going around in circles...

I am waiting for Fairmont to confirm everything for me. Hopefully the stay will end up being a smooth one.

Hope you are well. We are no longer a Fairmont Property and are now part of the Turnberry Hotel Group. We would love to have you stay with us at our beautiful resort in October as you originally booked but unfortunately we are not able to honor your Fairmont’s Presidents Certificates for that booking and all future bookings with us. If you have further questions in regards to this issue please contact Fairmont Corporate at 416 874 2600. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and have a wonderful evening.
Turnberry is pretty pompous imo.. Fairmont is way above board and classy..

Man, to think what went behind the curtains to get to this point.. Some sort of tug of war.. and sounds like Turnberry has it out for their customers..

If Fairmont pays for your stay, I hope Fairmont would litigate the contractual obligations Turnberry does not honor.. I really have no use for businesses that conduct business unethically..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The sent the e-mail without request..

Instead of leaving the customers out in a lurk, Fairmont realizes that they have a contractual obligation they need to meet.. since a reservation generated is in fact a contract..

Kudos to Fairmont.. not so much for Turnberry..
Why are you so sure the 'contract' benefits remain valid despite a change in management company? I would imagine deep in the T&Cs there is language to protect the management company (Fairmont) and owner (Turnberry).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Why are you so sure the 'contract' benefits remain valid despite a change in management company? I would imagine deep in the T&Cs there is language to protect the management company (Fairmont) and owner (Turnberry).
Nobody would have foreseen this turn of events.. especially without notice..

I would equate the reservations made at Turnberry while a Fairmont, to the Platinum Lifetime Status promo that was made by mistake..

Fairmont honored the lifetime promo (as the executive manager who I talked to explained to me) because of the advertising stipulations marketed..

and I imagine that Fairmont would pay the actual dollars for those who made a reservation at this hotel, so that Fairmont would legally remain above board..
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I am on the same boat here with reservation forna stay at end of Sept. I called PLT desk yesterday and they call back today to confirm Turnberry will only honor the rate booked, but no other PLT benefits like suite upgrade and free night. Fairmont will honor it's commitment to PLT and pay for the free night and Suite upgrade. So it's really rewarding to be loyal to Fairmont. And this will probrably our last stay at Turnberry.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Turnberry is pretty pompous imo.. Fairmont is way above board and classy..

Man, to think what went behind the curtains to get to this point.. Some sort of tug of war.. and sounds like Turnberry has it out for their customers..

If Fairmont pays for your stay, I hope Fairmont would litigate the contractual obligations Turnberry does not honor.. I really have no use for businesses that conduct business unethically..
+1
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just got the following email forwarded from CTS rep. Going to send an email to confirm that Fairmont certificates will be honoured.

-----
September 3, 2011

Dear Future Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you to South Florida’s most exclusive tropical retreat. As it is our desire to keep you informed, we want to share with you that we are no longer affiliated with the Fairmont brand and our resort name has changed to Turnberry Isle Miami. As of this week, locally-based and family-owned Turnberry Hotel Group resumed management operations for our property.

Please know that we will honor the rate and/or package you booked at the time of your reservation. But more importantly, every aspect of your upcoming stay will retain the high standards that are synonymous with a Turnberry experience. You can look forward to a more renewed attention to detail and an even better guest experience that includes those personalized touches that is expected of our world-class resort.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 786-xxx-xxxx or email [email protected]. We truly appreciate your business and allowing us to service you during your stay. Safe travels to Miami!

Last edited by makemoretospendmore; Sep 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm Reason: Took out contact info... unsure if against TOS
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Just got the following email forwarded from CTS rep. Going to send an email to confirm that Fairmont certificates will be honoured.

-----
September 3, 2011

Dear Future Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you to South Florida’s most exclusive tropical retreat. As it is our desire to keep you informed, we want to share with you that we are no longer affiliated with the Fairmont brand and our resort name has changed to Turnberry Isle Miami. As of this week, locally-based and family-owned Turnberry Hotel Group resumed management operations for our property.

Please know that we will honor the rate and/or package you booked at the time of your reservation. But more importantly, every aspect of your upcoming stay will retain the high standards that are synonymous with a Turnberry experience. You can look forward to a more renewed attention to detail and an even better guest experience that includes those personalized touches that is expected of our world-class resort.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 786-xxx-xxxx or email [email protected]. We truly appreciate your business and allowing us to service you during your stay. Safe travels to Miami!
This e-mail sounds like its sent from the hotel directly.. No mention of suite upgrade or free night cert use..

I would get in writing from Fairmont.. print it out and bring it with you..
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

-----
September 3, 2011

Dear Future Guest,

I had similar emails for my reservations, which were booked at F&F rates, so it looks like those rates ARE being honored. I wasn't planning to use any FPC certs in any case, so I may decide to stay, depending on how far along I am on my various requalification quests.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfrost
I had similar emails for my reservations, which were booked at F&F rates, so it looks like those rates ARE being honored. I wasn't planning to use any FPC certs in any case, so I may decide to stay, depending on how far along I am on my various requalification quests.
F&F rates are attractive..

Any word from Fairmont whether these booked reservations with Fairmont will count towards status? You may want to get that clarified..
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:10 pm

I just received the following email from CTS regarding my reservation for October. I still have not had anyone from Turnberry confirm that Fairmont is covering my upgrades and comp night.

-----

At this time, we are honoring all reservations inclusive of Fairmont bookings with incentives/certificates that were booked prior to August 28, 2011 with arrival in September. As far as reservations for arriving after September 30th, we hope to provide guest with more information within the next week or two. But at this time, all bookings for arrival this month will be honored.

Their October booking’s are currently under the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts Rate and their reservations will remain current. But as far as using any Fairmont certificates after September 30, 2011, that has yet to be determined. We hope to have more information within the next 2 weeks.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:33 pm
Suspended

I just received the following email from CTS regarding my reservation for October. I still have not had anyone from Turnberry confirm that Fairmont is covering my upgrades and comp night.

-----

At this time, we are honoring all reservations inclusive of Fairmont bookings with incentives/certificates that were booked prior to August 28, 2011 with arrival in September. As far as reservations for arriving after September 30th, we hope to provide guest with more information within the next week or two. But at this time, all bookings for arrival this month will be honored.

Their October booking’s are currently under the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts Rate and their reservations will remain current. But as far as using any Fairmont certificates after September 30, 2011, that has yet to be determined. We hope to have more information within the next 2 weeks.
Posturing as the lawyers go back and forth.. But at least the dates are pushed back to September 30th, 2011 for now..
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:04 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
A great read into the various back and forth.... See HERE
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
A great read into the various back and forth.... See HERE
Interesting read..

internal court documents outlining the 'bare it all' details of the disagreement between Fairmont and Turnberry..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.