Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont President’s Club Promotion Codes: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President’s Club Promotion Codes: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: VIA Rail - Premier, Fairmont, Cunard - Diamond, AC - Mere mortal
Originally Posted by fly-yul
As another poster has said, FPC had the right to change the rules. But it was a horrible PR move to change the rules mid-year. People had made decisions to stay at Fairmont with the goal of qualifying for a certain published benefit. I think you can understand how those people felt deceived.
Exactly! Fairmont was clearly indulging in misleading advertising. People were induced to stay at Fairmont hotels with the promise of certain benefits. After accumulating the required number of stays, they were essentially told: "Sorry, but we've changed the rules." In effect, they backdated the downgrades in benefits. A decent company would have told members in advance that: "The benefits you have earned this year will apply, as promised, for next year but we are downgrading the programme for benefits earned from now on."

When Air Canada changed the rules for business class awards (raising the number of points required from 30,000 to 40,000) they allowed members a one-year grace period to take a J-Class flight on the "old" point requirement. This was the decent thing to do because we earned those points with certain expectations.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Fairmont online profile - promotion code

deleted

Last edited by choptliva; Apr 15, 2009 at 2:09 am Reason: question not relevant
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Yes please
All very odd

I was going to write that I have noticed exactly the same thing, but now you have deleted your thread I'm left wondering if you have uncovered some awful secret.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:01 am

Sorry

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure if the code I mentioned was something pertaining to a particular group etc., and so became uneasy that I might be disclosing something I wasn't supposed to. That's why I deleted it. I didn't mean to suggest anything else.

Yeah, I still don't know what it is for, or what it means. But now at least I know I'm not alone

Sorry for the confusion.
chop
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: United, SPG, PC, Hertz
What is this?
Old May 23, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
It is used to trigger account promotions - I know of two relating to AMEX - one is a promotion that AMEX Platinum members can sign up for, which provides an upgrade to Fairmont Platinum after 5 nights instead of the usual (20?)
Old May 24, 2009, 2:32 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
It is used to trigger account promotions - I know of two relating to AMEX - one is a promotion that AMEX Platinum members can sign up for, which provides an upgrade to Fairmont Platinum after 5 nights instead of the usual (20?)
That is interesting. I am an an Amex Centurion member based in the UK who recently asked edmonton2001 in another thread if there was any way I could get FPC status any quicker and this information was not volunteered.

edmonton2001 - I assume that FPC does not discriminate against Amex Centurion members in favour of Platinum card holders; care to comment?
Old May 24, 2009, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Well, I'm sure that's not the case with me, since I have no such promo/fast track relationship with FPC. Sadly, had to earn my PLT the hard way
Old May 24, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
That is interesting. I am an an Amex Centurion member based in the UK who recently asked edmonton2001 in another thread if there was any way I could get FPC status any quicker and this information was not volunteered.

edmonton2001 - I assume that FPC does not discriminate against Amex Centurion members in favour of Platinum card holders; care to comment?
It's really Amex doing the discriminating, not FPC. Each country's Amex Platinum has different benefits. I know the FPC Plat after 5 stays is a Canadian Amex Plat benefit, I don't know what other country cards offer it. You should phone your Amex people and ask them if they offer that benefit. If they don't, you might want to phone FPC, tell them you're an Amex Centurian member and ask them about the promotion.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
does anyone know if this is true for the USA platinum AMEX? I noticed this promo a while ago, but would like to understand how to impliment it, we have a platinum amex here in the USA.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
There is a Canadian Amex Centurion promo code that offers instant Platinum membership. I wonder if they will verify that with Amex. I signed up my wife and she got Platinum instantly.^
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by jarusoba
There is a Canadian Amex Centurion promo code that offers instant Platinum membership. I wonder if they will verify that with Amex. I signed up my wife and she got Platinum instantly.^
Wow! Very cool. That has some significant value to it! (Well over 1000 dollars if you plan it right).
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Wow! Very cool. That has some significant value to it! (Well over 1000 dollars if you plan it right).
Yes, and we both used them all up within a few months of getting Plat through Amex Cent. That alone is higher value than our Amex Cent annual fee.^
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Yes, and we both used them all up within a few months of getting Plat through Amex Cent. That alone is higher value than our Amex Cent annual fee.^
Yeah, too bad about the $5,000 initiation. I have 5 more days left to decide... but my wife & I already have FPC Plat. so it's not as valuable...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum, Starwood-Gold
Instant Premier or Platinum status - does anyone know a code or way to do it?

I'm staying at a Fairmont and would love to have upgraded status. Does anyone know how to do this quick and easy? Thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.