Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Platinum Welcome Amenity?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Fairmont Platinum Welcome Amenity?

Hey everyone, I have just hit Platinum with Fairmont, but it will be another month or so until my next stay now,.

I am curious as to what the "Enhanced Turndown" and Welcome Amenity usually includes? Any ideas?
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
Hey everyone, I have just hit Platinum with Fairmont, but it will be another month or so until my next stay now,.

I am curious as to what the "Enhanced Turndown" and Welcome Amenity usually includes? Any ideas?
Most of the time the Welcome Amenity is pretty good. Not always though.

Here are some recent examples that I have received:

Fairmont Waterfront - Assortment of dried and fresh fruit and chocolate. On another visit an assortment of cookies. (Sometimes just an apple though)

Farmont Hotel MacDonald - Cookies, skones, muffins, and a selection of Fairmont Brand tea.

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - Large fresh strawberries dipped in white chocolate (done in a Western Theme).

Fairmont Vancouver Airport - Baileys and hot chocolate with biscotte.

Fairmont Olmypic - Martini glass filled with cherries. Personalized letterhead (Very cool).

Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Half bottle of white wine and cheese.

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver - Cheese and crackers.

Fairmont Miramar - Cheese tray with some chocolate.

Fairmont Empress (Last Xmas Eve) - A stocking on my door in the morning with candy canes, fruit, chocolates, tea packages, and Xmas card.

Each hotel tends to do it slightly different. The ammenity always seems to come with a card from the manager. On additionial nights bottles of water and a small chocolate seem to be the norm.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I have found this amenity thing to be extremely hit and miss of late to the point of it being rather pointless. At the Olympic it never showed so I got them to comp my breakfast, which quite frankly was far better than any amenity Still it should not be a chore. 4 stays coming up in the next month so we shall see how it goes!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I have found this amenity thing to be extremely hit and miss of late to the point of it being rather pointless. At the Olympic it never showed so I got them to comp my breakfast, which quite frankly was far better than any amenity Still it should not be a chore. 4 stays coming up in the next month so we shall see how it goes!
Update us when you do!

Now,. to see how long my Plat kit takes to come.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If you have any urgent need for it you should give them a call, the regular number is fine, and see if they can hurry the kit along! Otherwise it might be a longer wait that you expect.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree.

My last 2 visits to Royal York required a phone call and a visit to concierge to have amenity delivered to room. Bottled Water was also missing.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Fairmont Plat, Northwest
Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston - Half Bottle of white wine (Sonoma-Cutrer) and an assortment of fresh fruit.

Fairmont New Orleans - Usually, chocolate dipped strawberries with a mardi gras theme - year round.

I find that if you book your stay at the last minute (<48 hours) that the special order doesnt make it to the room service staff. I will have to try that breakfast trick in the future. That is a much better value. In the past I have gone without the ameniti and thought it was related to my particular rate but now I almost always call and get it resolved. I have no shame.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

I wonder how the new self-checkin facilities will impact getting the amenity into the room before you arrive. heh.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 1:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Fairmont Plat, Northwest
In my experience a lot of times the amenity arrives after I ckeck in just after I arrive to my room.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodrich
In my experience a lot of times the amenity arrives after I ckeck in just after I arrive to my room.
Ditto. Most of the time the amenity arrives within a few hours of check in.

Last edited by Cascadia; Aug 24, 2005 at 5:12 pm
Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
So have I. I did complain at one point that if they claim that the amenity is a benefit, then it should be provided (in conjunction with a series of stays in SF where it had been missed), and from that point forward, in that hotel, it has been there every time (usually a fruit basket).

Nobody has commented on "enhanced turndown". The only thing enhanced about the turndown, as far as I can tell, is that it's provided without asking in those hotels where it's normally on request only (e.g. SF). Otherwise it seems completely unremarkable. I receive bottled water on my first night, when the amenity is provided, but have never received it on subsequent nights.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

I would have expected a package of crackers or something similar with an "enhanced turndown".

Another question is, what is "Enhanced room access" at "Select city center hotels" ?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the enhanced turndown service is not enhanced so far as I can tell. I suspect the enhanced access to rooms is not offered at resorts because you would be REALLY pissed off if you got walked at a resort - someone must get walked at some point if they will guarantee a Platinum a room when the place is sold out. Where do you walk someone to from the Jasper Park Lodge? There is no comparable hotel in the area. I am staying at a Fairmont again this weekend and if the amenity is not provided I intend to raise the matter with the hotel GM. It seems to be a really bad pattern here.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
Another question is, what is "Enhanced room access" at "Select city center hotels" ?
This is actually a very nice benefit...guaranteed availability with 72 hours notice, even when the hotel is sold out. You end up paying rack rates, but most of the time you'd end up at rack rates somewhere else because the normal reason for a sellout is a convention or meeting of some sort that would also book up likely alternatives. New benefit this year.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up Jasper Park Lodge Delivers

Stay 1 of 4

Jasper Park Lodge - upgrade as reserved and Welcome Amenity provided (Fruit Basket) ^

Last edited by Altaflyer; Sep 4, 2005 at 9:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.