Wiki Posts
Search

Where did my certs go?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Fairmont Certificates

Hi,

Usually on this last day of the benefit year I would use up all my leftover fairmont certs. This year I am trying to find the last batch, but I can't seem to find them. Did they expire early? If not where does one find them on the Fairmont site.

Thanks,
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:48 am

They were viewable on the app until sometime late last night or early this morning. Unfortunately that function went away (again), this time for good since certs expire tonight at midnight. I assume you can still call in to find out how many you have:
1-800-257-7544, Press #1 for Reservations, then ask to be transferred to the Loyalty Services Dept. That person can see the certs that you no longer can. Enjoy your last hurrah tonight, I know I will!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
I see new set of 9 certs today on my account, 2 suite upgrades, 1 complimentary night, 100 USD worth of dining vouchers, etc. Expiring 29 Feb 2020 Is that only me?
I asked yesterday to extend few vouchers in Fairmont Singapore until November, but the ones i see on my account are different ones and with different exp date.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Richey66
I see new set of 9 certs today on my account, 2 suite upgrades, 1 complimentary night, 100 USD worth of dining vouchers, etc. Expiring 29 Feb 2020 Is that only me?
I asked yesterday to extend few vouchers in Fairmont Singapore until November, but the ones i see on my account are different ones and with different exp date.
Not me. As of this morning, I don't even see my expiring certs from this year, which were visible to me as of a day ago. Now, my link to the certs is gone in both the app and the full website.

I suspect this is just another IT screw-up, which Accor will quickly correct, and pull those certs back. Bringing back these benefits would be a good step to getting back a lot of lost loyalty. But, if that was their intent, surely it would be announced or published somewhere. Therefore, I'm going with IT screw-up. That's also consistent with their past IT performance.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:49 pm

I used my expiring dining certificates on Feb 28 for dinner at the Berkeley Fairmont (outpatient dinner; not staying at the hotel). When I told the waiter I wanted to use the certificates, the manager came and told me they will honor them, but they had a problem: Accor expired the certificates one day ahead of schedule (on Feb 28 at 12:01am) so none of them would show in the online system. My LeClub App did not show them either. Fortunately I had taken a screen shot a few days before, and that was good enough.

There was another customer who also wanted to use certificates but did not have screen shots. Not sure what happened with him.

I thought the hotel handled it very well, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Probably incompetence rather than malevolence, but it seems pretty shortsighted to me.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.