Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match to Accor?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Status match to Accor?

I've searched online, including both this and the Accor forums, and am having trouble finding out whether and how it's possible to match my Fairmont status (Premier) to Accor (which I believe would be Silver). I assume Accor Silver isn't anything great, but with an upcoming stay at a Novotel I figure I might as well try the match. Could anyone provide any advice and a relevant link if it exists?

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I've searched online, including both this and the Accor forums, and am having trouble finding out whether and how it's possible to match my Fairmont status (Premier) to Accor (which I believe would be Silver). I assume Accor Silver isn't anything great, but with an upcoming stay at a Novotel I figure I might as well try the match. Could anyone provide any advice and a relevant link if it exists?

Thanks.
I'm not aware of a link or a process to activate the match. I thought the match was more automatic, as many here, myself included, reported receiving a notification from Accor of a Le Club match. But, no, I don't think it's anything great you're missing. My FPC Plat matched to Accor Platinum, which is nothing great either. It's certainly nothing that would ever motivate me to choose one of their properties to stay at.
ptownca likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Ok. Thanks, CDH.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'm not aware of a link or a process to activate the match. I thought the match was more automatic, as many here, myself included, reported receiving a notification from Accor of a Le Club match. But, no, I don't think it's anything great you're missing. My FPC Plat matched to Accor Platinum, which is nothing great either. It's certainly nothing that would ever motivate me to choose one of their properties to stay at.
I'm in the same boat. Accor Platinum is nothing in comparison to FPC Platinum or even FPC Premier. It's going to be a hard fall for FPC Plats next year.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Had it been confirmed that Pres Club is going away? Accor has no idea what service is! I tried calling the Accor Plat number on my card last week and got a recording that my call could not be taken at that time! Huh?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Expect more details tomorrow 12 December.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Thanks.
To follow on with this thought, we have several stays booked at Accor properties in Asia in the new year and, too, have been trying to determine whether our Platinum status will translate to Accor Platinum in 2018. I tried with Accor first, got some generic answers but when pressed they sent my query to the FPC folks who indicated that no match would be forthcoming.

With the news that came out today regarding the switch in July, it appears the first six months of 2018 will not be matched.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:24 pm

So given the details on this thread, if I am Accor Silver and FPC baseline (lowest), then there is no way to automatically share status yet UNTIL they make the merger complete? This is not like a Marriott / SPG where they had you link accounts on the website is it? Can you use one rewards number with the other property now?

Reason i ask is not for the draw of the program, but because i have corporate events coming up where i need to stay in these hotels not by choice
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:43 pm

I too would be interested in anyone's experience calling in for an early match. My stays aren't until May, likely a case of so-close-and-yet-so-far. I'm certainly not going to be anything with Accor in future, not a big spend winner, but I had the stays to get me there before.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:30 pm

To follow up - I was given a hard "no" when I asked Accor if there was any way to get my Fairmont status matched/recognized with them prior to July 2, 2018 considering that I several upcoming stays where I had the choice of going with Accor or SPG/Marriott (where I am already top-tier). Very well, Accor account will be deleted. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
It could have been handy to had benefits for my stay in New York around June 24th this year also early to try out the Plaza. No big hissy fit here though. Accor members were never offered a status match and I think the company realised not to give additional early status matches once the original offer lapsed In early 2017 otherwise they would risk infuriating Accor members. If you missed out then your problem. Accor has 30 million Leclub members to think about not just the couple of million from FPC.

If you dont stay at Accor hotels after the merger I doubt any long term Accor members will care.

I am looking forward to the merger personally.
gilbertaue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.