Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I don't understand why some of these purchases aren't working.

When I bought some of these earlier in the year, the Costco site would not let me buy more than 5 in a single purchase. However, I've bought 30 of them in the last couple of weeks, and have been buying them 10 at a time, and all purchases have gone through without any difficulty. Payment by Visa.

I can understand why it would reject the MasterPass promo if people have used it more than once, or if you didn't add your member number, because the terms do specifically say it is only available to Costco members and only once. But for the system to cancel orders of Costco members that are not trying to use the MasterPass discount just doesn't make sense.

Did Customer Service give a reason for the rejection when you called?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Use a Visa for now to purchase - worked for me just now.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:16 am

I spoke with Costco.ca yesterday and was told there was a problem with Masterpass yesterday and they hoped it would be resolved by today. The rep said the discount should be generated for each unique Masterpass account and that if your profile wouldn't generate the discount you could call them and have them apply the $25 discount after the order was placed.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:56 am

Masterpass transactions are still being declined through Costco.ca. I just tried again.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:59 am

Tried buying 2 life experiences certificates paying with a Visa and it was declined too.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I bought $1K worth for an upcoming stay at BSH shortly after reading in this thread that they were available again on the Costco website. Received the certs within 24 hrs and converted them to Fairmont certs on the life experiences website shortly thereafter without any issues. That being said I didnt' bother with the Masterpass deal.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
EDIT: nevermind

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:53 pm

I'm looking to book an FHR rate through AMEX Travel. Does anyone know if I can book it and pay a portion of the final bill using Fairmont gift cards upon checkout?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I'm looking to book an FHR rate through AMEX Travel. Does anyone know if I can book it and pay a portion of the final bill using Fairmont gift cards upon checkout?
Of course. Pay any amount you want with gift cards. Even if your rate involves a prepayment, I've been able to get the prepayment refunded by the hotel on site to pay by gift cards instead.

The LifeExperience cards have a limit of $1,000 per stay, which may or may not be enforced, and there is no limit on using regular Fairmont gift cards.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Of course. Pay any amount you want with gift cards. Even if your rate involves a prepayment, I've been able to get the prepayment refunded by the hotel on site to pay by gift cards instead.
Thanks CanadaDH. Do you know if this would count towards PLAT5 or do I need to pay the whole bill using AMEX Plat?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Thanks CanadaDH. Do you know if this would count towards PLAT5 or do I need to pay the whole bill using AMEX Plat?
Many people have reported that it still counted without any problem, even though the terms say you need to pay the bill with your Amex. If you want to be extra careful, you could just pay down most of your bill using gift cards, leaving a small balance for your Amex, so you will at least have a charge to the card matching the stay.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Many people have reported that it still counted without any problem, even though the terms say you need to pay the bill with your Amex. If you want to be extra careful, you could just pay down most of your bill using gift cards, leaving a small balance for your Amex, so you will at least have a charge to the card matching the stay.
I will try this. Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:53 am

Can the $100 life experience certificate be redeemed partially or does it need to be redeemed in its entirety? For instance, if my Folio is $450, can I apply 5 certificates and have $50 left over on one for a future stay at another hotel?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kxs250
Can the $100 life experience certificate be redeemed partially or does it need to be redeemed in its entirety? For instance, if my Folio is $450, can I apply 5 certificates and have $50 left over on one for a future stay at another hotel?
Unlike gift cards, the Lifeexperience gift certificates can only be redeemed in full.
kxs250 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:18 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unlike gift cards, the Lifeexperience gift certificates can only be redeemed in full.
Are you sure? I got a partial redemption of a Lifeexperiences cert at Fairmont Montebello in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.