Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Everything
Costco.ca has the LE certs back in stock this morning!

It wasn't easy ordering a cert given that I am in the USA. I was able to get Costco.ca to recognize my Costco membership but it couldn't handle the fact that my mailing address is outside Canada. In the end, I used a cousin's Toronto street address but then this meant my mailing and business address didn't match.

Technically the address doesn't matter to me because the certs are supposed to be delivered by email. It remains to be see if my order gets processed.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:56 pm

Costco.ca offering a $25 off $100 purchase using masterpass.

Costco

I bought four LE in groups of two. Brings the cost down a little more,
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mjmqm

Costco

Did you actually get the $25 off on each purchase? The terms say that you can only get one $25 discount per member during the promo period. If you could get $25 off for every 2 certificates purchased, on multiple purchases, then it might actually be worth the trouble to sign up for a MasterCard. I don't have a M/C. I won't apply for one just to save $25, but since I'll probably pick up another $4,000-$5,000 of these certs, then it starts to become significant savings.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Did you actually get the $25 off on each purchase? The terms say that you can only get one $25 discount per member during the promo period. If you could get $25 off for every 2 certificates purchased, on multiple purchases, then it might actually be worth the trouble to sign up for a MasterCard. I don't have a M/C. I won't apply for one just to save $25, but since I'll probably pick up another $4,000-$5,000 of these certs, then it starts to become significant savings.
Bought four with two online accounts.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by mjmqm

Costco

There's quite a few of us in the family with costco membership. I can ask each of them to purchase $200 worth of LE certificates for $125 (25% off from Costco and $25 off from Masterpass). However, does anyone know if the LE certificates are transferable?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
There's quite a few of us in the family with costco membership. I can ask each of them to purchase $200 worth of LE certificates for $125 (25% off from Costco and $25 off from Masterpass). However, does anyone know if the LE certificates are transferable?
You don't need a Costco membership to buy off costco.ca - but you do need to create a costco.ca login name (membership number optional ie. not required) associated with a unique email address. But a membership may be needed to purchase some GCs or ecerts, not sure, I am trying right now a second set without a membership #.

My understanding is that the lifeexperiences e-cert is not associated with a name so no issues with someone else using them to buy Fairmont GC (I'm still waiting for my first set to hit my email inbox as I buy a bunch of multiples to take advantage of the masterpass promo).

Last edited by mountaingrl; Oct 3, 2017 at 2:03 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
You don't need a Costco membership to buy off costco.ca - but you do need to create a costco.ca login name (membership number optional ie. not required) associated with a unique email address. But a membership may be needed to purchase some GCs or ecerts, not sure, I am trying right now a second set without a membership #.

My understanding is that the lifeexperiences e-cert is not associated with a name so no issues with someone else using them to buy Fairmont GC (I'm still waiting for my first set to hit my email inbox as I buy a bunch of multiples to take advantage of the masterpass promo).
Thanks, let us know if it works.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Thanks, let us know if it works.
Looks like costco.ca is cancelling the orders that initially appeared to go through for ecerts using the Masterpass promo - so moot to even try placing multiple orders using it.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
They even cancelled my order where I didn't use masterpass. Weird.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:24 pm

Sorry all. My four were cancelled...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I made a purchase for another 10 certificates from Costco.ca last night, using Visa (not MasterPass), and it went through right away. The certificates arrived by e-mail within 30 minutes.

By this morning, they were all activated by LE, and I've applied them to 10 Fairmont certificates through LE, which arrived almost immediately after placing the order.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This is so weird. I have tried 4 times. They keep denying my order.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
This is so weird. I have tried 4 times. They keep denying my order.
Please stop trying before they cancel the certs for all of us.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by drdrma
Please stop trying before they cancel the certs for all of us.
What are you talking about? They very frequently sell these LifeExperiences gift certificates. I am doing nothing wrong.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I have tried 4 times. They keep denying my order.
Same thing happened to me, my brother, and a co-worker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.