Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
In my experience, the higher end Accor chains (Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, even Novotel at times) have service comparable to or better than most Fairmonts.
Really? I always equated Sofitel and Novotel with Holiday Inn.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Really? I always equated Sofitel and Novotel with Holiday Inn.
I wouldn't say they are all comparable to Fairmonts, but certainly not Holiday Inn's.. more like a solid Hyatt Regency or IC maybe.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I'd take the service at the average Sofitel over the service at the average Fairmont any day. In my experience, the higher end Accor chains (Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, even Novotel at times) have service comparable to or better than most Fairmonts.

I also think the benefits can be argued either way. It is not clear that one program is better than the other (both are bad relative to most US hotel programs).
I've never had service at a Sofitel near what I get Fairmont. I wouldn't call their service 'bad', but nothing memorable. Only at Fairmont do I have staff bring me a coffee in the lounge, remembering that I took it with cream and sweetener from a year ago. Only at Fairmont do I have properties remembering which specific rooms I like, and giving me that specific room number again on subsequent visits. I've run into a number of Fairmont service events over the years that stick out in my mind as being exceptional.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I've never had service at a Sofitel near what I get Fairmont. I wouldn't call their service 'bad', but nothing memorable. Only at Fairmont do I have staff bring me a coffee in the lounge, remembering that I took it with cream and sweetener from a year ago. Only at Fairmont do I have properties remembering which specific rooms I like, and giving me that specific room number again on subsequent visits. I've run into a number of Fairmont service events over the years that stick out in my mind as being exceptional.
There is obviously a lot of variation because my experience is exactly the opposite. The two Fairmonts I have the most experience with are the Fairmont San Francisco and The Savoy in London (also several stays at Chateau Whistler). The Sofitels I stay at most are the Sofitel St. James and Sofitel London Heathrow, both in London. Both Sofitels are head and shoulders above both Fairmonts on service; there is just no comparison. I also stay occasionally at the Sofitel in Redwood City, and would compare its service with the Fairmont in SF -- no better, but no worse.

I would guess depending on which properties you pick, the answer could come out on either side. But in my experience Accor beats Fairmont, easily.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

I would guess depending on which properties you pick, the answer could come out on either side. But in my experience Accor beats Fairmont, easily.
And it also depends on the luck of the draw, I guess. I would not rate my best experience at the Sofitel LHR as even as good as my worst Fairmont experience ever.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:55 am

Sofitel Metropole is better than any Fairmont out there.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So can we use Accor points now to book Fairmont hotels?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Preacher7
So can we use Accor points now to book Fairmont hotels?
Afaik not yet.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Hello FTers, anyone know if we will get Accor points (that can be converted to $$) if we stay at Fairmont? I have a few stays coming up in properties around the globe.

Thank you.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JCFans
Hello FTers, anyone know if we will get Accor points (that can be converted to $$) if we stay at Fairmont? I have a few stays coming up in properties around the globe.

Thank you.
Not at this point afaik.

It will depend on how fast the loyalty programs are integrated, but I would be surprised if one could earn Accor points for Fairmont stays before late 2016 / early 2017.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:39 pm

I'm definitely burning free night certs and suite upgrades and chase free night points before EOY.. even though I think anyone (including the 113) will have whatever their top status is for 2017 - 2018, uncertain.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:49 am

Just a small theory here, no real data point, but

I saw the CEO of AccorHotels on CNBC the other day. He wasn't promoting the purchase of the fairmont - or even aknowledging the recent nature of it but touting the premium value of those brands, "Fairmont, Raffles, Swisshotel" and the "very high value" of their "loyaly premium members" and how they were going to continue to count on that "loyalty" going forward and continue to drive premium revenue in the americas and parts of europe, where they historically really only had Sofitel to compete.

So, I take this to be a bit of a recognition of the value of the loyal customers - the plats and clubs (and hopefully the 113) and maybe there will be a continuation of historical benefits and services.

just a thought, no facts of course
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
113 LTP ?
the 113 LifeTimePlatinum

although, overall there are more than that due to residences programs.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
+1. I am plat with Accor as well and will be giving up both Fairmont and Accor next year. Accor is a garbage program, nothing else to say.
+2
I'm also a Accor Plat and agreed the program is garbage. Never ever used it.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Silvercity
+2
I'm also a Accor Plat and agreed the program is garbage. Never ever used it.

I have little experience with Accor and I'm also not impressed with their loyalty program. On the other hand, I try to stay at Fairmont when I can, as I find the customer service outstanding. The loyalty programme also makes it worthwhile to spend the extra $$$ to stay at a Fairmont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.