Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Bonus on Fairmont Gift Cards - Fri Nov 27 - 1 to 4 PM EST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Bonus on Fairmont Gift Cards - Fri Nov 27 - 1 to 4 PM EST

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
You won't see a 20% off today when you purchase - look at their FB page for more info. If you buy $100 GC today you will get emailed a $20 e-cert later.
Thanks, it is very clear now.

At 1 pm, I bought on fairmont.com 5 x $100 and got already 6 x $100 gift cards. I am done for now.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
All done. Purchased $2,000 x 4 and $1,000 x 2. Half with my credit card and half with my wife's to get around the per person limit. Cards came through by e-mail almost instantly, along with the bonus card.

Last time, I had to wait a bit for all to come through, and triggered fraud alerts on my credit card twice. Thankfully, no problems this round!

Thanks Fairmont!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
The current rate is only a bargain if it doesn't drop further. And, really, do any of us know which direction it's going to go? If we did, we'd be making millions just trading currencies all day long.

So you want to buy in CAD to lock in the current low rate, while Yul_voyageur is doing the opposite by locking in the conversion to USD. One of you will be right!

I would look at such a decision from the perspective of having certainty of what your forex rate will be now for a stay booked in the future, not that it will necessarily give you the best rate by buying now.
Bought in USD because it looks like our dollar will go even lower the next year! Great deal!!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:07 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Bought 1x$1000. Got both 1000 and 200 bonus quickly.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm very impressed this year!^ The website was working and I received both the GCs and the bonus GC within a few minutes this time.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:37 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Just a FYI for current or past FM Gift card purchasers.

Check out FairmontGiftCard.com for an easy way to track balances of plastic and egiftcards.

This has saved me on numerous occasions from forgetting about unused cards.

This site currently does NOT allow one to merge balances, which is a missing feature in my mind.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:19 pm

I tried to purchase but got an email sometime later that said my order could not be verified and confirmed and therefore had been cancelled.
By the time I realized, the promotional period had ended.
Any hope to still get the bonus? I did purchase a second time in the same amount of the first one that went through after a chase fraud alert.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pickles1107
I tried to purchase but got an email sometime later that said my order could not be verified and confirmed and therefore had been cancelled.
By the time I realized, the promotional period had ended.
Any hope to still get the bonus? I did purchase a second time in the same amount of the first one that went through after a chase fraud alert.
I would contact them through Facebook and explain the problem. You've got an e-mail from them saying there was a problem, so they know you tried to purchase during the window.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:10 am

For the life experiences GC's can anyone confirm if you can use them for reservations already booked. I bought a bunch yesterday and received them immediately. On the GC's it says the following in order to redeem them:

Call Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-800-257-7544. Quote the number printed on this certificate. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will book your reservation. Be sure to bring this certificate to present to your Fairmont Hotels & Resorts destination upon arrival.

I have a non cancellable reservation that was an online only promotion. I had assumed I could use these GC's to pay the bill but this language would suggest otherwise. I did call the fairmont and the agents i spoke with weren't familiar with thsee specific type of GC's. Are the life experiences GC's treated any different than the fairmont GC's at the front desk?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bedman
For the life experiences GC's can anyone confirm if you can use them for reservations already booked. I bought a bunch yesterday and received them immediately. On the GC's it says the following in order to redeem them:

Call Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-800-257-7544. Quote the number printed on this certificate. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will book your reservation. Be sure to bring this certificate to present to your Fairmont Hotels & Resorts destination upon arrival.

I have a non cancellable reservation that was an online only promotion. I had assumed I could use these GC's to pay the bill but this language would suggest otherwise. I did call the fairmont and the agents i spoke with weren't familiar with thsee specific type of GC's. Are the life experiences GC's treated any different than the fairmont GC's at the front desk?
I have never called Fairmont to redeem a Life Experience's certificate, nor do they need to be declared at the time of reservation. The individual hotels will redeem the certificates through a portal on the LE website and credit your room account accordingly. Other than being redeemed through a different terminal, they're treated the same as a Fairmont gift card. They will also only be accepted at Canadian Fairmont properties.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
You won't see a 20% off today when you purchase - look at their FB page for more info. If you buy $100 GC today you will get emailed a $20 e-cert later.
You and/or Vaclav have the offers mixed up. Life Experiences is 20% off, not 20% bonus.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:32 pm

I would contact them through Facebook and explain the problem. You've got an e-mail from them saying there was a problem, so they know you tried to purchase during the window.
Just following up to say that Fairmont social media team made me whole on the bonus cert. Very pleased.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:06 pm

Is the Life Experiences offer over? It still shows on the front page, but it won't let me add the coupon.

Then again I already bought close to ~$2K worth through buyatab on Friday unaware of the LE promotion..
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyCsG
Is the Life Experiences offer over? It still shows on the front page, but it won't let me add the coupon.

Then again I already bought close to ~$2K worth through buyatab on Friday unaware of the LE promotion..
Promotion e-mail I received said "Sale ends Monday Nov 30th", so it should be good until midnight. I'm guessing EST, since they're based in Toronto.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:17 pm

Promotion e-mail I received said "Sale ends Monday Nov 30th", so it should be good until midnight. I'm guessing EST, since they're based in Toronto.
That's what I thought. Unfortunately, I kept getting this message:
This is not a valid coupon code or the coupon code you are trying to use has expired: cybersale
Oh well, at least I managed to get on Fairmont's own deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.