Wiki Posts
Search

Seasonal promotions are getting worse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Seasonal promotions are getting worse

I received an e-mail with the usual semi-annual "moments" offer, and I'm not impressed.

fairmont.com/momentsoffer

I used to look forward to deals of 20% to 25% with a further 5% for FPC members. Often, there was a 3rd night free rate at many properties.

This time, it's mostly 10% to 20% deals, with no indication of an additional 5% for FPC members, and the occasional 4th night free rate.

I have to wonder... what's the point? A non-cancellable rate that requires 1 night prepaid, and for a lousy 15% off? The CAA or Amex rates, available all year round, with no prepayment required, are better. These used to be pretty good deals.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
When business is good and hotel occupancy is at record levels, promotions don't tend to be as lucrative.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
When business is good and hotel occupancy is at record levels, promotions don't tend to be as lucrative.
Indeed.

But CanadaDH does have a point, a non-refundable rate which is 15% discount off BAR hardly qualifies as a promotion.

The only good deal this time which stood out IMO is 3rd night free at the Masai Mara Club.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Apr 22, 2015 at 11:47 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
a non-refundable rate which is 15% discount off BAR hardly qualifies as a promotion.
Generally yes, but not everyone has access to Amex or CAA rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.