Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use certificates as non guest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Use certificates as non guest

Has anyone had any experience of using the breakfast and dining certs as non guest?

We have some left over certs. No trips planned in sight to use them. So if they allow usage as non guest, we can just go to the fairmont in town and spend them.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lancexfang
Has anyone had any experience of using the breakfast and dining certs as non guest?

We have some left over certs. No trips planned in sight to use them. So if they allow usage as non guest, we can just go to the fairmont in town and spend them.
Yes, many people have been able to do exactly that. Sometimes it takes a while since the servers may not know how redeem the certs and you may have to get some help from the front desk, but other than that it's certainly possible (obviously this was somewhat easier when FPC still issued paper certs)/
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
hmmm.... I have a few hundred $$ worth of certificates and made a reservation in DC just so I could use them all. I figured we could eat all our meals at the hotel.

My preference would be to stay at a hyatt so I can get much needed stay credits, but I didn't want to lose out on those certificates.

I have a combination of passion and the regular certificates you get each year, plus a few gift cards. I assume I can use all of them as a non-guest?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
hmmm.... I have a few hundred $$ worth of certificates and made a reservation in DC just so I could use them all. I figured we could eat all our meals at the hotel.

My preference would be to stay at a hyatt so I can get much needed stay credits, but I didn't want to lose out on those certificates.

I have a combination of passion and the regular certificates you get each year, plus a few gift cards. I assume I can use all of them as a non-guest?
Should be no problem. You can definitely use any gift cards regardless of whether you are a guest. As for the FPC certs, there's nothing in the T&C that explicitly allows or prohibits using certs as a non-guests, and I'm not aware of anyone having issues using certs as a non-guest.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:46 pm

Anyone know if you have to register (tell fairmont) that you plan on using the dining certifates (at certain hotel) before hand or can you decide at last minute that you want to use it and then just tell the waiter/waitress when you actually there? thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phiota
Anyone know if you have to register (tell fairmont) that you plan on using the dining certifates (at certain hotel) before hand or can you decide at last minute that you want to use it and then just tell the waiter/waitress when you actually there? thanks
No need to tell anyone in advance. At some hotels the restaurants don't have direct access to the FPC system, so it may be easier to let the front desk know before dining, or you may be asked to drop by the front desk when leaving to make sure everything is taken care of, but there's no "formal procedure" to follow.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I used my breakfast certs at the Santa Monica hotel for brunch when I wasn't staying there - no issues with it at all, got $50 off and took a friend out to a nice meal.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Anybody used their dining certs as non-guests this year (2019) ? I have a a bunch left from my Premier status accounts awarded thru Scotia Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.