Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim or Fairmont Waterfront?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
+1 Pacific Rim. Stayed there with our infant and then later as a toddler. Their amenities for little ones are also fantastic - had a diaper genie and bottle warmer setup for us in addition to the crib! This is one of my favourite hotels in the world let alone Vancouver.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:59 am

Pacific Rim wins for the quality of the rooms and the behind-the-scenes service. The only negatives for me are the lobby atmosphere (off-puttingly raucous on some nights of the week, kind of surreal to walk through when you're coming back to crash after a day of meetings-- but it's not a huge issue) and the sometimes distant or robotic-seeming service. I feel that Waterfront usually offers more engaged service and somewhat more attentive and warm relationships with staff.

I recommend Pacific Rim, if you've got one stay in Vancouver, but definitely suggest trying both if you can.

(I actually choose Vancouver Airport sometimes, these days, as I've developed a good relationship with them-- they know me and I know them).
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Pac rim, but it's more expensive. But the lobby is HOT in the summer. The Vancouver Waterfront has been recently renovated though. (although out of all Fairmont properties I stay at this one the least). Maybe once every....2 years or so. It was pretty bad two years ago, but the last time I stayed here recently it was renovated. Service at the Waterfront is great though. They are one of the few properties which mail me a Xmas card.

Pac rim was $300 under our corporate rate and $150 at the Waterfront, so...price is an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.