Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Mixing free Chase nights with AMEX fine hotels and resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Booking for a friend and his spouse. They both have two nights from the Chase Fairmont card. However they are looking to spend seven days at the Fairmont Orchid.

Through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts you can book a rook and get the breakfast and a $100 resort credit. However, you only get that $100 per stay.

I was considering this in order to break up stays and receive $300 in credit rather than $100.

Any idea if this is doable? Would they have to check in / check out every day?

Day 1: AMEX stay 1
Day 2: Free night Card Number 1
Day 3: AMEX stay 2
Day 4: Free night Card Number 2
Day 5: AMEX stay 3
Day 6: Free night Card Number 2
Day 7: Free night Card Number 2
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Stays 2 and 3 would technically be one stay (= 1 stay credit and 1 F&B credit) as the same name would be on file.

I wouldn´t overdo the maximizing, but I would see nothing wrong about booking two stays (i.e. 3 nights booked under wife´s name and 4 nights booked under husband´s name).

However, you should be aware that per the T&C no AMEX FHR benefits such as breakfast apply on those nights on which you use free night certs. You may get lucky, but definitely shouldn´t expect it.

You can contact the hotel in advance to have the two reservations linked and you should be able to stay in the same room.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
However, you should be aware that per the T&C no AMEX FHR benefits such as breakfast apply on those nights on which you use free night certs. You may get lucky, but definitely shouldn´t expect it.

But don't the AMEX FHR benefits come with daily breakfast for two and the two free nights from the Chase card come with breakfast as well?

thanks for the response!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jesperss
But don't the AMEX FHR benefits come with daily breakfast for two and the two free nights from the Chase card come with breakfast as well?

thanks for the response!
He wouldn´t be entitled to the free breakfast benefit via AMEX FHR. The Chase free night certs come with 2 $25 breakfast certs which could but do not have to be used on those stays which is slightly different from comp. breakfast, but wouldn´t make a huge difference (though breakfast likely is in the $30-$40 range)
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
He wouldn´t be entitled to the free breakfast benefit via AMEX FHR. The Chase free night certs come with 2 $25 breakfast certs which could but do not have to be used on those stays which is slightly different from comp. breakfast, but wouldn´t make a huge difference (though breakfast likely is in the $30-$40 range)
Ah, gotcha.

So basically it's $50/credit towards breakfast. Not breakfast for two each free night.

Thank you again!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Ah, gotcha.

So basically it's $50/credit towards breakfast. Not breakfast for two each free night.

Thank you again!
Correct. 2x$25 = $50

Last edited by Jasper2009; Sep 3, 2013 at 7:18 pm
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
You could book your friend and your friends' spouse alternately to max out stay credit.

They'll have to both be FPC members, and you'll need to check in and check out each day for the stays to count.

The FHR inclusions x $300 is a bit much, although technically within T&C.. I would not expect this, but you can break down 7 stays and have Fairmont string the reservations together and not change rooms.

Note, the above doesn't work with upgrade certificates. You'll need to burn 7 separate certificates for 7 1 night stay credits.

So if using an upgrade cert, imho the best Fairmont to use an upgrade cert, just do the reservations as Jasper2009 has suggested, and use 2 upgrade certificates. Book the reservation with FHR/Chase, and phone up Fairmont loyalty desk to apply the certs on existing reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.