Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Lake Louise Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Fairmont Lake Louise Gold

Can I please get some opinions on the Fairmont Lake Louise Gold. Are the mountain view rooms as good as the lakeview or are the lakeview rooms the must have? I'm trying to compare their Special Offers. Also, is the jr suite classy or does the Gold stand alone? Thanks for the help and I appreciate all the advice!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingfish15
Can I please get some opinions on the Fairmont Lake Louise Gold. Are the mountain view rooms as good as the lakeview or are the lakeview rooms the must have? I'm trying to compare their Special Offers. Also, is the jr suite classy or does the Gold stand alone? Thanks for the help and I appreciate all the advice!
The Fairmont Lake Louise is the hotel is the hotel I most often recommend booking a Gold room. The reason is that there´s a pretty big difference between the regular rooms and the Fairmont Gold rooms: Not only will you get the usual Gold amenities such as breakfast, evening canapes etc., but also the rooms themselves are larger and have higher-quality amenities/furniture/bathrooms, plus you avoid all the terrible crowds in the public hotel areas.
(Just as an example: A Fairmont Gold room is about twice as large as a Fairmont room.)

If you can afford it I would definitely book a Fairmont Gold Lakeview room as the views from the 6th (?) floor are quite spectacular.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Fairmont Gold Lakeview at LL is absolutely worth every penny if you can afford it. The view is absolutely stunning.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I stayed in a non-lake view gold floor room in August for 3 nights. I concur that the gold floor is definitely worth the up charge from the regular fairmont rooms. Would have loved a lake view but didn't want to spend the extra $150 per night and the floor was sold out when I arrived. Given how many Spectacular views I took in over the week in Jasper and Banff, it was the right decision for me.

However, the views really are jaw dropping. We had a chance to see them while the other side of the floor was being serviced. Definitely worth the up charge if budget isn't an issue or travelling for a special occasion.

SG
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The Fairmont Lake Louise is the hotel is the hotel I most often recommend booking a Gold room. The reason is that there´s a pretty big difference between the regular rooms and the Fairmont Gold rooms: Not only will you get the usual Gold amenities such as breakfast, evening canapes etc., but also the rooms themselves are larger and have higher-quality amenities/furniture/bathrooms, plus you avoid all the terrible crowds in the public hotel areas.
(Just as an example: A Fairmont Gold room is about twice as large as a Fairmont room.)

If you can afford it I would definitely book a Fairmont Gold Lakeview room as the views from the 6th (?) floor are quite spectacular.
Gold at LL is on the 7th floor.

Gold at LL makes sense for at least two reasons: (1) better rooms; and (2) the gold breakfast and canapes are much better than any other gold floor that I've been on (haven't been on many, admittedly, but the breakfast is pretty substantial--you can order eggs off-menu if you wish---and the canapes can substitute as a nice little tapas dinner if the day is right). Even Fairmont employees in YVR have stated that if you are going to stay on Gold anywhere, do it at LL.

Every time I've stayed at LL I've stayed on Gold, and every time I've stayed there I've been upgraded. My last stay was in a junior lakeview suite---really just a largish room, but with huge windows (although it was quite a hike from the lounge to the room). The bathroom was probably as large as some of LL's basic rooms.

Note that the Gold lounge is mountainside, so if you are staying in a mountain-view room, you won't get to see the lake from the lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Took everyone's advice and used my Visa Gold Certificate on my upcoming stay here. They upgraded me to a mountainview gold room. I asked about lakeview and they offered me a junior lakeview suite for $100 more a night. Is it worth the upgrade?

I'm already on the gold floor and am not sure the view and larger (slightly?) room are worth it. I can always risk getting the upgrade free when we check in instead of confirming/paying for it now I suppose.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobofoosh
Took everyone's advice and used my Visa Gold Certificate on my upcoming stay here. They upgraded me to a mountainview gold room. I asked about lakeview and they offered me a junior lakeview suite for $100 more a night. Is it worth the upgrade?

I'm already on the gold floor and am not sure the view and larger (slightly?) room are worth it. I can always risk getting the upgrade free when we check in instead of confirming/paying for it now I suppose.
In my opinion the main reason to stay at the Fairmont Lake Louise is the view. If you don´t book a Lakeview room/suite, you won´t really have a chance to enjoy the view as the Gold lounge overlooks the parking lot.

I´ve stayed in a Junior Suite Gold Lakeview and found it to be an excellent suite, whether it´s worth $100/night is a personal choice, though I probably wouldn´t rely on a comp. upgrade as the number of Gold Lakeview Junior suites / other suites is pretty limited.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
If it were me, I would pay the $100. It really is a stunning view, and while you'll likely spend your days outside in the middle of those views, it's really nice waking up in the morning and looking straight out over Lake Louise.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Did the $100 buy up. Thanks for the help Jasper and CanadaDH.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Another option for getting a lake view is to use a room category upgrade coupon. If one uses a free night cert, this would be the only way, as you can't combine a gold cert with a free night. Those coupons most of the time aren't worth that much, maybe $20-50 a night, but at Lake Louise the difference between mountain view and lake view was $80 a night in high season.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:35 pm

I was offered upgrade to gold room for 80 or junior suite for 130. Would just the room be ok for a couple and a small child?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trey
I was offered upgrade to gold room for 80 or junior suite for 130. Would just the room be ok for a couple and a small child?
I would definitely choose the upgrade to the Gold floor. The rooms on the Gold floor are larger than the regular rooms and a Fairmont Gold room is nearly as large as a non-Gold Junior Suite.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:44 am

My husband and I are staying at Lake Louise for two nights in September on Certs. We have two Comp Nites, a Comp Room Upgrade, and a Comp Suite Upgrade. Also have four $25 breakfast certs and two $25 dining certs. With the Suite Upgrade, I understand we could get a Junior Suite. But this would not be "Gold" and we would have to pay (or use Certs) for breakfast? Could we instead use the Comp Room Upgrade to stay on the Gold floor and therefore breakfast would be complimentary without using the breakfast certs (we would have no problem finding other places to use them)? Thanks for advice on how to maximize enjoyment of our visit!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by GoGreen
My husband and I are staying at Lake Louise for two nights in September on Certs. We have two Comp Nites, a Comp Room Upgrade, and a Comp Suite Upgrade. Also have four $25 breakfast certs and two $25 dining certs. With the Suite Upgrade, I understand we could get a Junior Suite. But this would not be "Gold" and we would have to pay (or use Certs) for breakfast? Could we instead use the Comp Room Upgrade to stay on the Gold floor and therefore breakfast would be complimentary without using the breakfast certs (we would have no problem finding other places to use them)? Thanks for advice on how to maximize enjoyment of our visit!
Officially, no, you can't use your FPC certs on the gold floor. Central reservations is unlikely to do anything for you in that regard. However, I, and others on here, have had some luck calling the hotel during business hours and making a deal directly with the hotel. They allowed me to pay for a gold room and upgrade into a gold suite using a platinum FPC suite upgrade cert. I'm also staying in September (4 nights in the first week). It's doubtful they would further allow you to stack free night certs on top of all of that, since you're not supposed to be able to use the certs at all on the gold floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.