Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Would you use $100 in Dining/Willow Stream certs at Maui Kea Lani or Fairmont SF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you use $100 in Dining/Willow Stream certs at Maui Kea Lani or Fairmont SF?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bzbdewd
Is there a hassle using the certs if you don't have the paper coupon with you? We're thinking either Fairmont Montreal or Fairmont Toronto. I thought we weren't going to get a chance to use these but luckily plans have changed and we'll be in both places before the expiration date.
I canīt comment on those two particular properties, but the issue basically is that - at least in theory - youīre supposed to hand over the certs at the restaurant (upon being seated). Some restaurants are able to redeem the certs electronically, but many arenīt because the restaurant IT system is not the same as the front desk/FPC system or because not all staff can access the FPC certs. IME you can usually still later have the front desk redeem the certs and have the charges taken off, but IME itīs a bit of a hassle.

So if youīre actually staying at the hotel, it should be possible to redeem the certs whether you have the paper certs with you or not. However, I am not too sure this is true when not staying at the hotel.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You donīt need to be staying at the hotel to use the certs, however if youīre not staying there it will be much easier to redeeming them physically (i.e. handing over the paper certs) than asking to have it done electronically.
Thanks guys!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
However, I am not too sure this is true when not staying at the hotel.
I've never had an issue redeeming electronically when not staying at the hotel. I've done this at least 3 times and it was painless. I haven't used a paper cert since probably 2009ish

The most hassle I got was at Kea Lani when trying to use my local food passion which took about 3 trips to our table to sort out and we were staying at the hotel at the time.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the input. I am fairly certain we will be staying at one or both of the hotels so that won't be an issue. I just left the certs somewhere a couple of dozen trips ago. I had actually forgotten about them until I signed up for award wallet and they showed as about to expire. Unfortunately most of my beloved Fairmonts are no longer on the corporate list for us so we haven't stayed in them for quite a while. But luckily Montreal and Toronto are still on it so we'll have a couple more chances at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.