Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation Details when using certs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Reservation Details when using certs

Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere. Didn't find anything, so...

I made a bunch of reservations for my summer travels, extensively using upgrade and comp night certs. Used to be the reservation details in my account online would show all the upgrades, etc. But I've noticed that all my reservations coming up (the ones using certs) are showing the base room I booked. For example, for an upcoming stay I have booked a Fairmont room, and told the Plt Concierge that I am using a room upgrade cert and a comp night cert. I received email confirmation that it is now a Deluxe Room (double in size). And rates only show 1 night. Great.

But online it still shows a fairmont room with none of the upgrade info or rate info.

Is anyone else experiencing same?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by choptliva
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere. Didn't find anything, so...

I made a bunch of reservations for my summer travels, extensively using upgrade and comp night certs. Used to be the reservation details in my account online would show all the upgrades, etc. But I've noticed that all my reservations coming up (the ones using certs) are showing the base room I booked. For example, for an upcoming stay I have booked a Fairmont room, and told the Plt Concierge that I am using a room upgrade cert and a comp night cert. I received email confirmation that it is now a Deluxe Room (double in size). And rates only show 1 night. Great.

But online it still shows a fairmont room with none of the upgrade info or rate info.

Is anyone else experiencing same?
Yep, exact same experience here since about this March, and indeed I find it pretty annoying.

The Fairmont IT system is quite crappy as we all know, so Iīm always worried the upgrade gets lost, so now I try to get a new confirmation e-mail after applying an upgrade cert.

Another feature I miss is that previously I could see the room category change in "real time", e.g. when a hotel gave me a comp. upgrade every now and then (usually a day before check-in or the morning of the day I was arriving) it would show up in my profile.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Thanks, Jasper, for confirming this. At least now I know it's not just me
Yeah, it is pretty amazing how horrible the system is for a chain as established as Fairmont.
thanks again.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by choptliva
Thanks, Jasper, for confirming this. At least now I know it's not just me
Yeah, it is pretty amazing how horrible the system is for a chain as established as Fairmont.
thanks again.
No problem, happy to help whenever I can. Indeed I find it quite amazing Fairmont hasnīt made any efforts to fix their website.

I like the design of the website, but Iīm really tired of getting error messages about 33% of the time, the data in my profile changing mysteriously, reservations disappearing etc.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I appreciated this thread - I had the same problem this week with reservations I made for the Christmas holidays this year. I've been on the road for business since I made the reservations, and I just got around to checking them online this morning. I was very surprised to see the upgrades, comp nights, etc. hadn't been reflected. I'll call today and get email confirmations (good idea Jasper - thanks!) but I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I can confirm that reservations for the past 6 months haven't reflected guaranteed upgraded rooms.. rather the level of room which was paid..

I've been having Fairmont reservations and/or hotels e-mailing me reservation details reflecting what is exactly booked.. can't count on the online system to reflect the room category booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.