Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Fairmonts (Airport, Hotel, Pacific)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
You'll pay more for the Pacific Rim as it's really now the "In" property with celebrities, etc; but for as many hotels I've been in this year, it's my favorite of all .
+1

Having stayed at all Fairmont properties in Vancouver, the Pacifc Rim definitely is my favourite!

I´ve stayed there three times this year and always had an excellent stay. Of course it´s difficult to compare it to the grande dame, but if you´re considering either the Waterfront or the Pacific Rim, definitely go for the latter!

P.S. You´ll find plenty of into and photos in the Pacific Rim master threrad.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:01 pm

The Waterfront is still my first choice, given it's location and the fact that the service has always been top notch. The Pacific Rim is a great property and the rooms are fantastic, but I can't usually justify the price difference. That being said, your situation might be one where I could. You really can't go wrong either way.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: BA, BMI, KLM
Smile

Dear All

Many thanks for all your really helpful replies. I wish I had joined this site ages ago!

Taking everything to consideration, I have gone for the Pacific Rim - there wasn't a lot in it in terms of price and I do like the idea of a bathroom looking out with a view (and I acknowledge the weather might not be entirely conducive to a good view, but I will take the risk).

I will post feedback after the stay.

I am also looking at the Banff Springs as well for earlier in the trip. There's such a choice of rooms I don't know where to start. And it is quite pricey.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by basilver71
Taking everything to consideration, I have gone for the Pacific Rim - there wasn't a lot in it in terms of price and I do like the idea of a bathroom looking out with a view (and I acknowledge the weather might not be entirely conducive to a good view, but I will take the risk).
Yes, a bathroom with a view is a nice perk, a thought that occured to me while soaking in a half sunken tub at Waterfront May of '09 looking out over Stanley Park, Coal Habour and Lions Gate Bridge.

Enjoy your stay and we'll look for your update.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Dear All

Many thanks for all your really helpful replies. I wish I had joined this site ages ago!

I am also looking at the Banff Springs as well for earlier in the trip. There's such a choice of rooms I don't know where to start. And it is quite pricey.

Thanks again.
We've visited Banff Springs 4 stays/16 nights.. their loss leader package is Escape to Willowstream, and we've got it as low as $429 per night.. includes 2 massages, brekkie for 2, self parking, room and gratuities.

http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings...eamPackage.htm

Best room night rates are Friends and Family, Great Rates Great Dates, or if you're a travel agent.. all subject to availability. This would include Pacific Rim.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Dear All

Thanks again.
Great choice, the rooms on the pool deck are also excellent as they have direct access to the heated pool and hot tub as well as patios with gass fireplaces, all for a simple room upgrade. Enjoy your stay, this is an excellent hotel.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE

From twitter.

Deal for BC residents on Vancouver Fairmont properties.

Hotel Vancouver $129/night
Fairmont Waterfront $129/night
Pacific Rim $159/night

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/mycity

Last edited by 300rwhp; Nov 24, 2010 at 4:41 pm
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thank´s for posting! ^

Those rates are very impressive, $159 at the Pacific Rim is a real bargain, cheaper than any other rate I´ve seen (incl. FAF).
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Havent found any dates for the Pacific Rim that qualify for this rate.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:52 pm

Pacific Rim is my choice for Vancity. I stay at many of their historic properties over the year so a room built in 2010 is a nice change. I've met a few workers at Hotel Vancouver who have become friends and I usually have to drop by and check in with them while in town.
I won't forget the time Christian introduced me to the Governor General but I had something on my mind and just brushed it off to find out it was her the next day. This was during the olympics and I was slightly late for the getting to the opening ceremonies so I feel bad for just brushing her off, but after just seeing Joe Biden, Arnold, Prince Monaco and John Furlong in the room I was already running on some adrenaline.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I guess BC residents special.. I find that you've got to quote it before they can successfully look it up sometimes. Some seasoned reservation officers will be able to fish out the best deal out of the blue.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
Pacific Rim is my choice for Vancity. I stay at many of their historic properties over the year so a room built in 2010 is a nice change. I've met a few workers at Hotel Vancouver who have become friends and I usually have to drop by and check in with them while in town.
I won't forget the time Christian introduced me to the Governor General but I had something on my mind and just brushed it off to find out it was her the next day. This was during the olympics and I was slightly late for the getting to the opening ceremonies so I feel bad for just brushing her off, but after just seeing Joe Biden, Arnold, Prince Monaco and John Furlong in the room I was already running on some adrenaline.
I just brushed off Queen of Sheba.. sheesh.. didn't recognize g.g. Dude, that is too awesome! How are the upgrades.. heard they are clamping down?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:08 pm

which fairmont in vancouver has the best pool?

i like to swim
a lot
does the pacific rim only have an outdoor pool
will be going in April and i doubt the pool will be open

other options for swimming in Van?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by renagel

i like to swim
a lot
does the pacific rim only have an outdoor pool
will be going in April and i doubt the pool will be open

other options for swimming in Van?
Haven't been to Pac Rim of Hotel Vancouver.. but I like the pool at Vancouver Airport the nicest.. Nice weight room as well.. First Class.^
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by renagel
I think the Waterfront only has the outdoor pool. It's not that long, I think the one at the Hotel Vancouver is better if you want to swim laps. It's glassed in, so it feels like an outdoor pool, but you're protected from the weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.