Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I'm currently plat member due to the Plat5 promo. I'm wondering if the requalification process is the same. Stay 5 nights and my status would remain the same next year? Do I need to call them again after 5 nights?

Anyone who's been Plat for multiple years through Plat5, can you please comment on your process?
In my experience there is no need to call again.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I'm currently plat member due to the Plat5 promo. I'm wondering if the requalification process is the same. Stay 5 nights and my status would remain the same next year? Do I need to call them again after 5 nights?

Anyone who's been Plat for multiple years through Plat5, can you please comment on your process?
IME, (into my 4th year) you don't need to do anything but stay five nights again. As long as the promo code is on your profile, you should be good to go. Nobody to call and nothing else to do.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Does anyone know if you can apply a free night certificate on a FHR stay.
ie : pay 1 night at the FHR rate, get the benefits (free breakfast, upgrade if available) and stay a 2nd night free using a free night certificate and keep the benefits ?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Does anyone know if you can apply a free night certificate on a FHR stay.
ie : pay 1 night at the FHR rate, get the benefits (free breakfast, upgrade if available) and stay a 2nd night free using a free night certificate and keep the benefits ?
You can definitely apply a free night cert towards a booking made through AMEX FHR, howver the official policy is that the cert applies to accommodation only, itīs therefore up to the hotel whether they provide benefits on your second night.

IME the longer the stay, the greater the chances of benefits being extended for all nights, but there are too many variables to say for sure, so Iīd ask at check-in...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:04 pm

i have a question about the FPC,

if i book multiple rooms for the same night at a Fairmont, why is it that the member booking the room is only entitled to the single night of room credit? and not the entire booking? i.e. 3 rooms booked on same night = 1 stay 3 nights credit to FPC account.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reggie108
i have a question about the FPC,

if i book multiple rooms for the same night at a Fairmont, why is it that the member booking the room is only entitled to the single night of room credit? and not the entire booking? i.e. 3 rooms booked on same night = 1 stay 3 nights credit to FPC account.
This is a pet peeve of mine as well which I have raised with FPC multiple times. Itīs a pretty stupid policy IMO as various other loyalty programs allow night/stay credit for multiple rooms and FPC discourages additional revenue.

Feel free to complain to FPC, and maybe things will change one day.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:52 pm

earlier this month i made a booking for 3 nights at a Fairmont, when the stays posted into my FPC account they posted as 1 stay 1night x3 on 3 separate entries.

When i booked 2 rooms in one night on a second stay, olny 1 night/1 stay was credited. i thought i was missing a stay and a night credit. I contacted FPC and they said that the other room will only be credited if the other room was used by your family member that are under the age of 18.

seems silly to me, as i paid for both rooms, i was present at the property, it makes no difference to the hotel as all rooms were paid for.

i wonder what the logic is behind this? do they not want someone booking multiple rooms, then get platinum status in one shot? seems counter productive, because now i will be looking at other hotels to book as the stay credits are important to me, and i see no reason for Fairmont to withhold something that i have paid for.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You can definitely apply a free night cert towards a booking made through AMEX FHR, howver the official policy is that the cert applies to accommodation only, itīs therefore up to the hotel whether they provide benefits on your second night.

IME the longer the stay, the greater the chances of benefits being extended for all nights, but there are too many variables to say for sure, so Iīd ask at check-in...
Thanks.
I imagine the best way is to book the whole stay with FHR and then call FPC to apply the free night cert to pull off one night...
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Thanks.
I imagine the best way is to book the whole stay with FHR and then call FPC to apply the free night cert to pull off one night...
Indeed, thatīs what Iīd recommend.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
I assume that the free upgrade or suite cert via Premier membership cannot be combined with the free night certs from the credit card?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrredskin
I assume that the free upgrade or suite cert via Premier membership cannot be combined with the free night certs from the credit card?
You can apply either a room upgrade or suite upgrade cert towards a bookings on which youīre also using a free night cert. Itīs been no problem combining upgrade certs and the regular Premier/Platinum free night certs, so Iīm pretty confident that the same policy applies to the free night certs from the CC promo.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:32 pm

Has anybody noticed that it looks like the Plat Passions is now an official benefit of the FPC program? Sort of makes it look like it will become a permanent fixture and around for a long time to come. ^
https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/benefits/

Also, I noticed that it seems the Willow Stream treatment gift is listed as:
"Escape your fast-forward world to relax and recover with a 60 minute Willow Stream signature pedicure or deluxe executive foot grooming."
http://www.fairmont.com/promo/fpcbenefits/en/index.aspx

Instead of the 45-minute Classic Manicure or Pedicure like the actual paper certs state. I wonder which is correct? Maybe they plan to upgrade it to the 60 minute mani/pedi for next year? Or maybe the paper certs are incorrect? Might be worth not bringing in the paper certs and asking them to pull your e-cert and see what the T&Cs are for it. ^
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Has anyone tried redeeming certificates at the Fairmont in Dubai on the Palm (opening later this year)? I tried earlier today to use a suite upgrade as well as a free night for a reservation that I have next year and the agent said that this hotel is not eligible for certificate redemptions. Will be dissapointed if this hotel falls along the way of the Plaza and the Savoy.

Last edited by umaa83; Aug 22, 2012 at 10:43 am
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by umaa83
Has anyone tried redeeming certificates at the Fairmont in Dubai on the Palm (opening later this year)? I tried earlier today to use a suite upgrade as well as a free night for a reservation that I have next year and the agent said that this hotel is not eligible for certificate redemptions. Will be dissapointed if this hotel falls along the way of the Plaza and the Savoy.
Sounds strange to me.

I guess itīs technically not possible to redeem certs yet as:

- the hotel hasnīt yet determined which suites are available and
- the hotel hasnīt yet determined the black-out dates yet

However, I would be surprised if the hotel had implemented a permanent policy to not allow any certs to be applied.

Just my guess and of course I could be wrong...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sounds strange to me.

I guess itīs technically not possible to redeem certs yet as:

- the hotel hasnīt yet determined which suites are available and
- the hotel hasnīt yet determined the black-out dates yet

However, I would be surprised if the hotel had implemented a permanent policy to not allow any certs to be applied.

Just my guess and of course I could be wrong...
I hope you are right but I when I called back today the agent said this specific property is likely going to have limited participation in the PC but final decision has not been made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.